Page 220 of 258 FirstFirst ... 120170210218219220221222230 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,200 of 2579

Introducing Myself

Hey everyone, I started out with a cheap Costco hammock that I set up at my grandmother's cottage. I spent one night in it labor day weekend with a wool blanket folded in half under me and my -10 sleeping bag on top. Despite spending the night with my knees bending backwards and being paranoid about every little sound I was hooked. I used to try and get out camping with my parent's old tent as often as possible but since having a hip surgery and kidney transplant sleeping on the ground isn't as much fun. I purchased a cheap hammock with bug screen from amazon only to be super disappointed as it is way to short and super uncomfortable so I am back to the screenless Costco hammock. I am hoping to purchase a Warbonet Ridgerunner for this summer but being on a student budget who knows if it'll happen or not, plus I will also need to get a tarp which costs almost as much as the hammock itself. I can't wait to get out and sleep under the stars again, being cooped up inside studying during the Canadian winter gets a bit tedious at times and I can't tell you how many times a day I take a break from studying to look at gear I can only dream of affording. So that's my story so far, I look forward to reading stories and tips.

Hammock
    Dutch Netless
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear CF
    Insulation
    EE 20/30 Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I like the flexibility of being able to set up almost anywhere that I want without worrying about stickers and cactus poking holes in my floor and my air mattress. Sticky burrs are clearly the work of the devil.

Hammock
    DIY 11ft Hammock
    Tarp
    3m x3m MYOG Camo
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Amsteel
    The availability of a lot of trees.

Still camp above the treeline tho.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
    Tacblades

I am very fond of lying on the hammock, for which my room is equipped with a hammock with a rack, of course I also like to travel, which makes me relax, then I will bring the hammock out. There is no holiday, lying on the hammock in the garden

Hammock
    Kammok Roo
    Tarp
    HH Hex Fly
    Insulation
    Jarbidge River UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    Well my story is very similar to to a lot of these other stories. I have been camping my whole life in a tent and carried a tent for a few years when i got into backpacking. Well one trip out on the Ozark Highlands Trail me and a buddy of mine ended up having to hike late into the evening to find a spot flat enough to put a tent but the spot was not exactly level and it was so late we missed a few rocks and sticks under the tent not to mention the tree roots and such. Needless to say it was a terrible night of sleeping, I tossed and turned all night and hurt like heck the next morning.(to add to this my back is not the best with one back surgery under my belt already) When I returned from this trip I was determined to find a better way, so i hopped on the interwebs. I did a google search for basically how to sleep better while camping and stumbled onto the idea of hammock camping. That spurred a whole list of ideas like hey if there are people camping with hammocks I bet they make ultra light hammocks as well. It didn't take long for me to find facebook groups of hammockers and from one of guys on the page directed me to Shug's videos and its all history from there, I haven't slept on the ground since.

Hammock
    DH Sparrow, BBXLC, HH Expedition
    Tarp
    SLD WH / SMR Nube
    Insulation
    HG Inc/Burrow
    Suspension
    SMR EZslings
    I basecamp while at work for 45-60 days at a time, 4-5 times per year in some of the most austere environments all over the world. On my first mission, while in the jungles of Vietnam, I just could not ever get comfortable in my tent. I ended up accidentally putting a hole through it in the middle of the night and with all the venomous snakes and critters there, I had to go to my backup. My hut mate (?) was in a hammock, and I happened to have a Hennessy hammock in my gear box that I bought as a backup and for emergency situations. I ended up hanging the HH in the hut, and could not believe how much more comfortable a hammock was than being on a pad on the ground or on a cot. I have been hanging ever since, and feel fortunate that I get to hang 5-10 months out of the year in different countries. Now, while home, I carry a singlenest in the Jeep that I string up at the beach a few times a week, and another hammock that we keep in the back yard. Like Jeeps, Hammocks are very addicting! I might need a little therapy lol!

Hammock
    Equip Double Hammock
    Tarp
    Blue Tarp Now
    Insulation
    Moving Blanket
    Suspension
    Harbor Freight
    Was always a tent camper till I started w/ Trail Life USA. Couple of our guys had hammocks on our first camp out. Figured i'd give it a try and been hooked ever since. Currently using a Equip double because I love budget and don't get the price range on other high price hammocks. As with most things looks like you pay for the name and nothing else. My equip has been great and have bought some for the entire family. Hang on and chill.

Hammock
    Kammok Roo
    Tarp
    Bear Butt
    Insulation
    HG 0 Degree UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    For us - we were really excited to get off the ground and stop rolling around. We heard of a lot of folks staying put in one spot with hammock camping, and not needing to find level ground was also really interesting.

Hammock
    Eno Camo Nest
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Thermarest
    Suspension
    Daisy chain
    I am well a large person 6'4 323lbs It is soooo comfortable in a hammock!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB XLC
    Tarp
    ENO Superfly
    Insulation
    ENO Ember 2, Wooki
    Suspension
    Warbonnet Straps
    I have a good friend that introduced me to hammocking. It didn't take long before my entire family started, and now most of my friend do the same!

• + New Posts
  • Page 220 of 258 FirstFirst ... 120170210218219220221222230 ... LastLast