Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    HG econ30
    Suspension
    WS/strap/Cinch bug
    I acquired a HH through work and thought it was a gimmick, but after trying it and waking up the next day feeling very comfy, I realized tent camping was a thing of the past.

Hammock
    Dutch Wide
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles

What made you a "hanger"?

I thought to myself what is nautical, clean, ancient tech, and fun to sleep in? Answer: hammock.

I've been sleeping like a baby pirate ever since.

Hammock
    ENO/tablecloth
    Tarp
    wb superfly
    Insulation
    yeti,peapod(1st v
    Suspension
    whoopies treestrap
    hello HF, i figured that after been gone from this site for a long time i will re-introduce myself.......i am peanuts, one of the originals hanger when this site was born....things have changed since the last hammock hang i attended....now i am in NW Ga by the mountains....hoping i can get back to the woods....so far, not much luck....but working on it.... i welcome all new members, hanging is the best way to enjoy the outdoors....or sleeping in your home(i do!!!!) so ENJOY!!!!!!
    Peanuts

"A womans place is on the trail"

Been a backpacker since early 90’s in college. Toted a tent for years. My oldest son went on a trip last summer and started hanging and I decided to try it and now I’m hooked!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hammock
    DH Darien / WBBB
    Tarp
    HEX Asym / Minifly
    Insulation
    HG Econ 40
    Suspension
    Beetle/ Cinch
    Images
    Jet up to the Amazon for the first time in a fishing trip with a friend in 2010. Didn't take anything for camping, just my fishing gear and clothing. I was aware we will spend a night or two out in the woods at least in those 10 days. It was and every year is in Barcelos, Amazonas.
    My friend had and has a cheap netless hammock camping as such like an ENO singlenest. Our guide was using a cotton Brazilian hammock. And I laid down on a thin mattress over a footprint on a beach! Didn't have any tarp, it was a dry season.
    Then I realized that a hammock was the best way to camp over there. No ants running over you, no risks of caimans and any crawling animals. So I have bought my first hammock for the next year. Same as my friend owned, and next was Exped traveller, next Exped scout, next ENO singlenest, next HH. Now I'm expecting my WBBB and minifly tarp which are coming to me.
    But only recently I gave up from the ground and I'm starting to hiking and "hammocking" here in south where I live. Only in summer time, cause it has been pretty cold in winter, although it is rare to be snowing and I still haven't an underquilt which is on my wishlist.

Two shoulder surgeries

Hammock
    Dutchware
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    What made me a hanger? A friend of mine let me get in his Blackbird XLC..... Then a mutual friend gave me a Fox Outfitters double hammock... sleep better in a hammock than I do my temper pedic bed.... no more tent for this guy...hahahaha

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Dutch netless
    Tarp
    Winter Dream
    Insulation
    REI Flash pad
    Suspension
    homemade woopies
    the adult leaders in the Boy Scout troop my son joined when we moved to the east coast were all hangers, and convinced me to try it. Sold!

I'm a ground dweller ready for some clouds. To answer your question i backpack and slept on the ground at 49 years old waking up sore, stiff...Look over at my brother "Hanging" who's and old fart compared to me and he is refreshed got a good night sleep and ready for the next 12 miles. Hard ground...or...floating on air.....I'm here now.. my choice is made..

Poncho

Images
    I happen to live on a piece of riverbank. One day some dude probably near 50 years old pulls up on his bike with a small pack set, Asks if he can overnight on my property, says he just wants to throw his hammock up for the night and will be gone before light. I tell him normally I don’t allow it because people see campers here and then everyone thinks it’s Ok, but I was intrigued by the hammock so I allowed it if he let me check out the gear. Took less than 15 minutes for him to roll out his setup, while my eyes popped out of my head, nothing touched the ground, he stripped down to long johns and crawled in. Said he was on vacation riding from Seattle to North California. I asked if he got cold...it was 25* that night and he just smiled and said never. I had to try one and I loved it.

• + New Posts
  • Page 233 of 258 FirstFirst ... 133183223231232233234235243 ... LastLast