Page 33 of 258 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383133 ... LastLast
    Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird/Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    OES 12x10
    Insulation
    WB Yeti/Lynx
    Images
    Doesn't matter what brand it is - if it ain't got pig brains in it, it's inferior. Scrapple is full of yummy brainy goodness

Oak Ridge & Linville Gorge, North Carolina
    Hammock
    HHE, 2QZQ Mod4, Jerry 5 DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/SFly Camo
    Insulation
    HammockGear Prod.
    Suspension
    Use them all!
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustardman View Post
    Doesn't matter what brand it is - if it ain't got pig brains in it, it's inferior. Scrapple is full of yummy brainy goodness
    well ... I like scrapple too ... and we'd accept you in our midst pal ... scrapple eater or not!

It's all good!

WARNING: Will discuss Rhurbarb Strawberry Pie and Livermush at random.

"A democracy is two wolves and a small lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
    Freedom under a constitutional republic is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." ... B.Franklin

Home of the Gorge Rats: Linville Gorge
    My Videos YouTube Channel
    Photo collections Flickr Photostream

Gorge Rat Productions On FaceBook

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird/Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    OES 12x10
    Insulation
    WB Yeti/Lynx
    Images
    I actually think livermush might have a little brains in it too, but for the best scrapple, they throw the whole dang head in the pot. We Pa Dutch don't waste anything.

As my granddaddy says...

If 'cha 'aint dutch, 'cha 'aint much

(does anyone from outside PA understand this conversation?)

Oak Ridge & Linville Gorge, North Carolina
    Hammock
    HHE, 2QZQ Mod4, Jerry 5 DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/SFly Camo
    Insulation
    HammockGear Prod.
    Suspension
    Use them all!
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustardman View Post
    I actually think livermush might have a little brains in it too, but for the best scrapple, they throw the whole dang head in the pot. We Pa Dutch don't waste anything.

As my granddaddy says...

If 'cha 'aint dutch, 'cha 'aint much

(does anyone from outside PA understand this conversation?)
    I was held prisoner of war in Mifflinburg Pa for nearly 12 years and my daughter was born there in Lewisburg. Absolutely I understand it "yea'per"!

And ... the best Scrapple is made in PA, bar none! ... down south ... best to stick to good Livermush. IMHO

Note ... POW because as a born southern ... can't admit I moved there voluntarily! Ha!

WARNING: Will discuss Rhurbarb Strawberry Pie and Livermush at random.

"A democracy is two wolves and a small lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
    Freedom under a constitutional republic is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." ... B.Franklin

Home of the Gorge Rats: Linville Gorge
    My Videos YouTube Channel
    Photo collections Flickr Photostream

Gorge Rat Productions On FaceBook

Hammock
    Claytor no net, hammock sock
    Tarp
    Winter Dream
    Insulation
    Speer Pea Pod
    All the high class hobos and homeless hippies use them. Hammocks are better than living in card board boxes on the street corners of life. Plus you can be stealth and sleep anywhere. Who says that America is not the land of the free? I plan on sending several hammocks to my relatives who live in Hazard County in Kentucky.

boy scouts years ago. I started with a nasty walmart hammock and blue tarp... used it once and never again. Found HF around a year ago and haven't slept on the ground since.

Hammock
    Dutchwear Banyan Bridge
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Warbonnet Yeti
    Suspension
    Adjustable webbing
    I started reading about hammocks in Whiteblaze.net. Got me started thinking about using a hammock. I saw one on sale at the local REI, and picked it up. I liked the idea of not sleeping on the ground (even with a pad, it's very uncomfortable), not having to worry about a wet tent floor, and generally a smaller shelter (packed size). I tried it out on a Boundary Waters canoe trip. I also brought a small tent in case. Once I slept in the hammock, the tent was put away, never brought out again. It so comfortable, I will never go back to a tent. After I spent that trip in a hammock, I went out and bought a good hammock with tarp. I will never sleep on the ground again.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    open cell foam
    I was looking for a light weight solo tent, when I ran accross Hennessy's website; that was two years ago. When I took the Boy Scouts to Havasupai Falls, Grand Canyon, my favorite question to ask everyone who slept on the ground was, "how did you sleep?" every answer was, "horrible." I, of course, felt great since I was snug in my hammock (except for that time at 2:00AM when I woke up to a raccoon staring down at me, nose to nose, two feet from my head -I thought he was going to jump me for my hammock). Best night ever sleeping on a campout (top 3 best sleep on anything in my life).

Hammock
    Claytor no net, hammock sock
    Tarp
    Winter Dream
    Insulation
    Speer Pea Pod
    I lost my job and nearly became homeless.. I knew of friends and fellow humans who were living in boxes on street corners.. I figured that if they could survive in snow and sub-freezing weather and knew every trick to stay comfortable and warm that life was not going to get that all that bad after all... So I bought a used Clark hammock and started playing around with the under insulation and it seemed to create a comfortable environment. It became obvious that even the act of becoming homeless had redeeming value. Sleeping in a Clark hammock certainly is a more advanced stage of vagrancy. One of personal meditation and spiritual introspection.

I didn't own a shelter back in late 2002 when I started backpacking, my brother and I used a 6 yo Target brand dome tent for our first BP trip (local trail). Later that spring I was planning to hike with him along the AT into Damascus for Trail Days as he was planning (and did) hike the AT in 2004. I was an active Whiteblaze and hikinghq member. I bought an HH before that trip. Froze my butt off sleeping in it using just a truck size windshield reflector.

So, I blame SGT Rock and ATTroll for my hammock addiction. And maybe Risk (Flyfisher as he was known back then), but I don't think he was turned onto hammocks until after I made my first purchase.
    Last edited by tlbj6142; 12-15-2009 at 08:13. Reason: Adde note about Risk.

• + New Posts
  • Page 33 of 258 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383133 ... LastLast