Tarp
    diy 9x11
    Insulation
    JRB No Sniveller
    Suspension
    CBs + DCs
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyCamper View Post
    It will! It will! It's a whole new ballgame with the HH with the zip mod. You'll be hanging more than ever I'm willing to bet.
    I agree! I put a zipper on my ULBA and sewed up the slit, and it's like a whole new hammock! I replaced the suspension system and now I like the HH a whoooooole lot better!!!

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB
    Tarp
    3-season Hex
    Insulation
    2oz OS Yeti
    Suspension
    Adjustable webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    Shug just wept!!!!
    That is a right goodie.....
    Shug
    Well hey Shug!! Thanks for all of your in-depth videos and gear reviews. You've really helped me on a lot of issues. What you've given back to the camping community is priceless, and very appreciated.
    Hammocks are God's way of saying....."relax guy".

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 single, 2QZQ HH, GTUL
    Tarp
    Speer Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    Yeti / Black Mamba
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Proud to say that guy Cogneato is my brother..
    Glad to see you here bro!!!
    Because you fall through the clouds if you try to lay on them, so the next best thing is a hammock.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    "Rudolph"
    Greetings all.

Just joined after some hardcore lurking (hanging around? sry).

Moved to Denmark a year ago and managed to get out to Sweden quite a bit last year, since it's only a 45 minute train ride. Every time we went we were camping in beautiful forests - at the right time of year the leaf litter and moss make a fantastic mattress but the idea of a hammock started to make more and more sense, as I'd be able to camp year round without worrying about where to pitch and minimising the impact (of me on the environment and of stones in my back).

I've been uuhming and aahing over whether or not to pick up something fairly inadequate was *this* close to ordering before I started looking at the alternatives. Over the last couple of days all the information provided on this forum and Youtube by Shugs and Pablo and everyone here had a huge effect on me. I am amazed at how much information and support can be found here. I'm also amazed by the guys who run OES and Warbonnet - special folks who work hard for what they love: and not for big money or kudos, but it seems to me out of a wish to share their rocking ideas with others. For one-man operations, they're really tearing it up. One can easily draw parallels with the open source software movement - like a kind of FreeHammock developers community. (If I've lost anyone, just ignore my geekery.)

So, in short, I'm waiting on a WBBB 1.7 Double layer, a MacCat Deluxe and a beautiful clear Swedish winter night to reconnect with the deep knowledge... and when I do, it's probably going to be partly your fault.

Cheers,
    Tim
    Coming home from very lonely places, all of us go a little mad[...] we are the sole survivors of a world no one else has ever seen.
    - John le Carre

In wildness is the preservation of the world.
    - Henry David Thoreau

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tibo View Post
    So, in short, I'm waiting on a WBBB 1.7 Double layer, a MacCat Deluxe and a beautiful clear Swedish winter night to reconnect with the deep knowledge... and when I do, it's probably going to be partly your fault.
    We don't mind that kind of blame around here.
    Welcome to the Forum!
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    MacCat - OD Green
    Insulation
    DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies

Thank Shug

I had been staying in shelters on the AT but you never know if the shelter will be full when you get there. Don't want to sleep on the ground, don't like tents, then I saw Shug on YouTube and knew this was the way to go.

Hammock
    the cheapest thing I could find
    Tarp
    gi poncho
    Insulation
    mss
    Suspension
    braided cord
    let me start out by saying tents are the bane of my existence. its not that I mind sleeping on the ground, in fact I find roots in the back to be oddly comfortable. all that time and effort it takes to set up a tent, it just seems like a wast. so most of my time in the scouts I slept with just a good synthetic sleeping bag on the bare ground (eventually I got a bivy). even with a really good bag, and a really good bivy, one day you'll make a mistake, and wake up soaked to the gills and scrambling for the fire. I got lucky that only happened three out of 20 times, and all in the summer, witch is saying something for kentucky. anyway one day I was cruising the local surplus store looking for a way to improve my sleep system, and came across an old jungle hammock, complete with mosquito net and a pitiful rain cover, now it had a lot of flaws and eventually rotted through, but man what an awakening. I have since switched to a parahammoc, but other than that my system hasn't changed. takes longer to set up than just unrolling a sleeping bag, but its a lot easier to pick a sight.

Hammock
    HH , WBBB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    the edge
    Insulation
    HG 40/0 phoenix
    Suspension
    whoopies
    what got me into hanging? HMMM .well last year i was really getting back into hiking/camping. and ran across the hennessy youtube clips .. and later SHUGS videos ..
    shug's clips is what really sold me .so i picked up a grand trunk ul and a walmart tarp . and enjoyed it .and still do .. i then went to the HH explorer and this what im useing now .my plan is to mod it out .and then on to a warbonnet
    thanks shug for the videos and thanks you all for the advice here..

Hammock
    BB
    Tarp
    zpacks cuben
    Insulation
    te-wa Freeze
    Suspension
    whoOpie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by soysos View Post
    takes longer to set up than just unrolling a sleeping bag, but its a lot easier to pick a sight.
    that may be true my friend, but nobody's ever accused me of not having fun while i do my bid'ness!
    set'n up my hammock is the best part of my day. (cause i know what comes right after that)

Hammock
    DIY Pertex
    Tarp
    DIY with doors on
    Insulation
    Down and synthetic
    Suspension
    Whoopies & hooks
    I read the SAS suvival handbook when i was 12 and made a knotted string hammock. It was not great, but it kept me off the Stinging nettles and the bug had bitten.

• + New Posts
  • Page 36 of 258 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686136 ... LastLast