Page 6 of 258 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast
    I need to make a extra small mini hanger.
    I thought about using clothes hanger clips one of the wooden ones but then how would I use them as a hanger to hang them and the clothes on the rod. I need it to be extra small. teeny tiny. Are those newborn baby clothes hangers at stores really small? I was thinking of them and maybe they could work but I would like to see if I can make some homemade ones. What are some of your ideas?
    Thanks!

Hammock
    Speer, BB, Hammock Bliss, ENO
    Tarp
    Speer winter tarp
    Insulation
    Speer topblanket
    My camping is at motorcycling and flying events, and motorcycle travel. I'm always looking for a better way to do it: More comfort, easy to pack, etc. I came across a discussion about camping tent and gear choices on one of my motorcycle forums, and one of the guys mentions using a hammock set up. I never even remotely considered this option. After much research and reading the info on this website, I took the plunge and got a couple of hammocks. I tried one outside on my upper deck (down to 32 degrees), I came to realize a couple of things: 1) I would have never slept that well on the ground! 2) I finally after 4 hours of blissful sleep woke up with cold butt, back and shoulders and realized I need more insulation! For most of my camping, it would be perfect. Did I say how well the 4 hours of sleep were? I'm hooked.
    Last edited by Wambo; 01-25-2009 at 00:53.

Hammock
    WARBONNET BLACKBIRD
    Tarp
    wallyworld blue
    Insulation
    YETI
    Suspension
    straps and rings
    Images
    haven't bought mine yet, still trying to figure out which one. at 350 lbs looks like my choices are a little limited. other than that, the reasons most everyone else are giving is what has me interested. not to metion i've always been a little crazy.

Hammock
    Clark NX-270
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Z-Liner
    Suspension
    SMC Ring + Rope
    Images
    I was searching for ways to reduce my pack weight. I started out backpacking with a Coleman 3 man dome tent with inexpensive mat and God only knows how many pounds. Later I got a 2 man lightweight tent and a thermarest. I did 4 days on a trail and I had massive trouble trying to sleep on the pad. Some part of my body fell asleep and ached no matter how I positioned and the only way I really slept is if I was utterly exhausted. No matter how well you clear the site there is ALWAYS a rock/root/acorn/twig right were you are laying or where you put your knee when you enter.

Well, I started cruising looking for ideas and then, of all the places, ar15.com had a outdoors section that pointed me in this direction. I settled on trying a Clark as I liked the pockets and side entry, but not the cost. First couple of tries were not so great. But then I hit on the right configuration and a little something to help me sleep (my mind races in the wilderness) and boom, I was in love. I don't wake up every hour with some limb numb and aching. In fact I often sleep right through dawn.

I can relax and sit at camp instead of squat constantly. I can clean my shelter by flipping it over and shaking. And I don't end up walking for another mile trying to find some sorta level ground. It's actually a few degrees warmer inside than outside too. I can often find places where I will find solitude unlike established tent sites.

Now there is no way I will go back to a tent unless there is no other choice. Site selection is not always as easy as you'd think and I still take a good while to setup and get it comfy for me but it's working well and I'm enjoying my camping more now. I hike to camp not the other way around so comfort is a big plus.

Hammock
    DH RG 11' 1.6 Lefty
    Tarp
    HG, OES
    Insulation
    UQG,HG,WB
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Life's progression- Blue CC pad, Thermarest, Big Agnus, need I say more? Ran into info from Sgt Rock, Just Jeff and then this forum. Thanks everyone for making it easier.

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB
    Tarp
    Speer winter
    Suspension
    webbing
    Images
    Been camping all my life, but when the ground got harder, hanging was the best solution. I used to go back to the old ways when my kids didn't want to be alone (wish there were a better 2 man hanging option), but now that they are old enough to hang, we have all moved up.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Was out on trip sleeping in my Henry Shires Contrail TarpTent (Wonderful stuff for ground dwellers!!) and was having breakfast out the front and just felt uncomfortable on the ground. I was cramming stuffsacks and such under my right arm to get propped up and was thinking that maybe I was just experiencing the aging effects. Discovered JustJeffs site and never looked back.
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    WBBB; Bridge in progress
    Tarp
    DIY Hex
    Insulation
    Short UQ/pad combo
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    In college I couldn't afford a bed so I bought a hammock and hung it up in my apt. Been hooked ever since.

Hammock
    Hennesy Expedition
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    Thermarest
    I was introduced to the Hennessy hammock during a Leave No Trace course and decided to give my tents a challenge. Will use the HH as soon as Wisconsin winter eases upfor spring camping.

Hammock
    DIY Speer type,double 1.7blackbird
    Tarp
    Speer winter tarp
    Insulation
    winter pheonix
    Suspension
    webbing
    never done it before. in the process of making a hammock out of black ripstop nylon according to jeffs page. doesn't look very hard to make really.I saw shugemery videos on youtube and the hammocks look comfortable as hell. hiking the white mountains in new hampshire late spring early summer and want to work the bugs out of this one Im making in the backyard rather than in the woods. plan on reading a lot of info here on hammock forums.
    ty

• + New Posts
  • Page 6 of 258 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast