Hammock
    WB XLC
    Tarp
    WB SuperFly
    Insulation
    HG UQ/ UGQ TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I have been looking into Hammocks for a while now.. have been a tent camper for many..many .. years. Camp every month with my Scout Troop.
    While at the National Jamboree at Ft. A.P. Hill VA. Hennessy Hammocks had a great display of Hammock Camping next to the LNT folks. I checked them out there and thought that was cool.
    My son has been doing lots of research on the hammocks and both us finally purchased Hennessy Hammocks. I spent the weekend in it a few weeks back and I will never sleep in my tent again. It was the best nights sleep I have had camping in 25 years.
    My snake skins came in yesterday.. so pardon me while I leave the forums to get them put on the hammock!
    Jerry

Greg Peters

Cool New Hanger

I've always enjoyed backpacking, usually in a lightweight tent. However, last summer I ran into Just Jeff's site when I was searching for some sewing projects. So I purchased an ENO hammock to get started. Since then I've sewn a silnylon tarp following the blackbishop instructions given on the web. I have to admit that I simply like trying all the different backpacking methods.

geminit3
    been a ground dweller for well untill now. I got a hennessy explorer ultralight .
    no more rocks in the back for me . I wish I would have found this forum before I purchased may have made a different descision. Im six two and it seems A bit cramped in there. but all it takes is more money to fix anything .haha
    lokking forward to just hangin

Hammock
    Dutchware netless
    Tarp
    HG Dyneema
    Insulation
    HG 3S
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Webbing
    I carried a hammock to relax in around camp before going to sleep in the tent. Then one evening I fell asleep in the hammock, slept through the night and woke up without a sore back. That was enough to convince me.

Hammock
    HH Exped SZ
    When I got back from Afghanistan, I started updating my gear. I bought a Grand Trunk UL for day hikes. A guy I met was raving about it. I was looking for a new tent and thought I'd give a Hammock a try. Although Im new to "hanging" overnight, any excuse to buy new gear is always a good idea... Right?

Hammock
    WARBONNET BLACKBIRD
    Tarp
    WB Super Fly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Adjustable webbing
    Images
    Well , after years of sleeping on the ground and dealing with back issues from the aforementioned as well as carrying heavy loads such as tents and the hassle of a tent...NEO introduced me to the Claytor Jungle hammock four years ago..I havent looked back!! I have tried just about all of the hammocks out there on the "search" for the perfect hammock...I just received my Warbonnet BB 1.7 and superfly tarp today...I feel as though I am finished with my search.....I dont think you can get better rest than sleeping in a hammock....logistically its easier to carry and set up...my two cents..lol.
    Chris Duke aka SWAMP FOOT

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7
    Tarp
    Super Fly camo
    Insulation
    JRB TQ IncubatorUQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    It just seems right. I bet the 1st man that went from the ground to comfort did it in a hammock made of skin. and then the lord said let him be dry and comfortable!

NWGA, the Rome/Floyd county area. Johns Mt. Wilderness area is an old stomping ground.
    Hammock
    DIY Tablecloth, gathered end 12x5
    Tarp
    DIY silnyl 10x12
    Insulation
    depends...
    Suspension
    MULETAPE!!!

What made me a hanger...

I'm not too old to carry a 70lb pack, or walk all day in the rain, or to break in new boots on a walk, or to sleep on the ground. BUT: I'm too old to do it all in one trip. Hammocks are the best way to eliminate sleeping on the ground, get a good night's rest so I can recover from the other three.

Hammock
    Hammock Bliss No See Um
    Tarp
    Walmart Special
    Insulation
    Sleeping bag
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings!
    Images
    I went on a Boy Scout hike and decided to bring along a cheap string hammock with dowel stretchers. I grabbed it out of convenience to carry. Smaller and lighter than a tent. Grabbed a Walmart tarp and off I went.

A little nervous about sleeping on something so small but I slept well. Except when I needed to roll over. Then I woke up. This hammock isn't much wider than my shoulders. I have used it twice and am working on DIY and an inexpensive purchase. Work my way up to the good stuff.
    Help a Boy Scout Troop in your area - become a mentor.

God created Firemen so cops would have heros.

What got me into it was my neighbor showing me all of the different types of rigs and I hate setting up tents. I do a fair ammount of summer boat camping and winter hunting and I love the simplicity of it.

Craig B

• + New Posts
  • Page 70 of 258 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120170 ... LastLast