Page 78 of 258 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088128178 ... LastLast
    TheGuy26
    i was at a church camp and one of the campers had brought one and let me sleep in it a night, needles to say i got one for me a week later.

Hammock
    Dangerbird 72
    Tarp
    Big Daddy; Kelty
    Suspension
    Python or Whoopies
    I was having trouble convicinging any of my friends to get out and camp like we used to. Their idea of adventure these days is to spend an hour sitting around the 'fire pit' on their deck, then heading to their 'cushy' beds when they get a bit tired.
    I was determined to get 'back to the woods' even if I had to do it alone, so I started looking for small tents for myself. Since it's Summer, I was also looking for a hammock for my front yard. My online searches for both led me to the sites for this 'strange' thing called "Hammock Camping" ...and that's all it took. That was very recently, and I'm still a total 'noob', but the fire has been 'lit'..

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.0 DL
    Tarp
    Big Mambajamba
    Images
    I backpack with the Trail Dames and Southeast Womens Backpackers and watched with great curiosity several "hangers." After asking a million questions, reading forums, watching videos and borrowing a hammock to try out. I had to admit, sleeping in the air is a million times more comfortable than on the ground. ANY TIME!!!
    "Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves." ~John Muir

Hammock
    ENO DN
    Tarp
    SilNylon
    Insulation
    Jarbridge UQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    My wife and I ran into a hanger on our first trip out. At that point in time we were car campers. The next weekend I picked up my ENO Dbl Nest and LOVED IT! My wife will be using her Grand Trunk this weekend. Here is to hoping! (Currently using a wal-mart tarp).

Hammock
    eno single
    Tarp
    pro fly
    Suspension
    whoopies

Hello all from Paint Rock Alabama

I have camped in tents as long as I can rember..Stumbled on a few vids a couple weeks ago, with a lot of great information, and a few laughs(thanks gorge rats).. Bought me an eno single, some slap straps, hung it up in the yard for a test, .A few hours later my wife woke me up..Needless to say I am hooked now*or hung*.. My 2 sons who are scouts tried to get me in a hammock years ago wished I would have listend to them.

Hammock
    DHTBird,WBBB.draumrxl
    Tarp
    Camo Tadpole
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Whoopie *snicker*

Working on it

Not a hanger yet. Have seen it though a few times. With all my expensive tents.....I need a new shelter. Have been told Clark is the way to go and I have been looking. For that kind of money I'd like to see before I buy, but that seems impossible. I saw a Chysalis in person that I was not too impressed with. Would be open to any advice. I need a bigger than your avg bear size. NX-250 kind of thing. Have been looking at the Warbirds too online. Picked up a used DD Traveler....going to try it out....the more I read it seems that Blackbird with the extended footbox is the joy to be found.
    Last edited by shrineclown; 08-04-2011 at 21:52.

I've been a fan of hammocks since waaay back in the mid 70's as a Boy Scout. Back then, all I had were those cheap nylon string net things. They were comfy for an afternoon nap but you couldn't sleep in them overnight. If it was warm enough to avoid hypothermia, the bugs would drain you long before sunup.

A few weeks ago I stumbled onto the Shug videos on Youtube. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Hammocks......in snow.......with bug nets....and tarps!

All this time I considered these things to just be added campsite furniture that you had to pry yourself away from so you could crawl into your ant infested muddy water flooded tent.

It's revolutionary, I tell ya!

I decided that resistance was futile and ordered my ENO DN last week with a bug net and a rain fly.

Hammock
    Raven, SLD Streamliner
    Tarp
    Hanger11WB,WntrHvn
    Insulation
    HG,UGQ,JrB
    Suspension
    UCR's
    Images
    I have a popup camper that doesn't get used much the last few years.With a 12 yr old son who loves the outdoors, Iwas looking into tenting again. He thinks "primitive" camping would be cool and hammocks looked to be our best option.

Besides, what's cooler than hangin in a tree?!?

Hammock
    Have only hung from an ENO...so far
    Tarp
    Noah tarp
    Insulation
    pad
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings/Web
    I have been a tent camper my whole life. My experience has been mainly car camping. I purchased a hammock to travel with and wanted to "fix'er up" and found this site. Now I have learned a new way to camp with the same items I would take across the world to relax in. It has never crossed my mind to use it at camp until I crossed this website, and now I am broke from buying everything from tarps to quilts. The plus side is I have a great time making my own whoopie slings and tree huggers...I have the bug bad!

Hammock
    Thunderbird
    Tarp
    ShangriLa&BullFrog
    Insulation
    zepplin, burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Crawling in an out of tents, especially when there are camp sites with "prepped" tent pads made out of gravel. Ouch. Also on a motorcycle, more options where and how to carry the gear since there are no tent poles. Liked the learning aspect of it too.
    “I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.”
    ― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

• + New Posts
  • Page 78 of 258 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088128178 ... LastLast