the travle hammock/eno dn
    Tarp
    hennesey asym
    Insulation
    underquilt
    Suspension
    ring buckle/woopie

Talking how i became a hangger

well it really started when i was about thirteen...i had baught my first hammock...didnt really use it..but i had been backpacking for years about a year ago i stumbled on shugs youtube account and learned about hammock campingwell needless to say i was instantly in love..some say obsessed lol

Hammock
    wbbb1.1dl
    Tarp
    SUPER FLY CAMO
    Insulation
    40 uq+ sleepingbag
    Suspension
    wbbb
    Images

What made me a "hanger"?

Well i was out hikeing around some time ago, and after come back to the lot i ran into a nice much older man who gave me his trail name by now i couldnt rember because it so wierd i couldnt rember it anyway.But we got to talking about camping and he bought up hammocks and he open up his trunk and just gave me his "diy" one. He told he how to hang it, and that it was great to meet anouther hiker on this great day. We shoke hands, and he drove away. This hammock has been a nightmare for me...but instresting,,I looking around the Internet and But who do i find "SHUG"!!!!!!!...THE REST IM STILL LEARNING THE EVERYONE HERE....ALL I CAN SAY RIGHT NOW FROM MY RRESEACH IS THAT..........ONE THING KEEP POPING UP..........

............."SHUG" SHOULD RUN FOR PRESDENT HE'S EVERYWERE ON THE INTERNET....I WILL MAKE T-SHIRTS WITH HIM ON IT FOR THIS FORUM...

Hammock
    WB Blackbird, WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Jarbidge and Down
    Suspension
    Straps and Buckles
    HammockForums.net and Shug.

I happened upon the former while reading a geocaching log and this forum led me to Shug's videos.
    If your lucky enough to be outdoors, your lucky enough!

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by monk View Post
    Well i was out hikeing around some time ago, and after come back to the lot i ran into a nice much older man who gave me his trail name by now i couldnt rember because it so wierd i couldnt rember it anyway.But we got to talking about camping and he bought up hammocks and he open up his trunk and just gave me his "diy" one. He told he how to hang it, and that it was great to meet anouther hiker on this great day. We shoke hands, and he drove away. This hammock has been a nightmare for me...but instresting,,I looking around the Internet and But who do i find "SHUG"!!!!!!!...THE REST IM STILL LEARNING THE EVERYONE HERE....ALL I CAN SAY RIGHT NOW FROM MY RRESEACH IS THAT..........ONE THING KEEP POPING UP..........

............."SHUG" SHOULD RUN FOR PRESDENT HE'S EVERYWERE ON THE INTERNET....I WILL MAKE T-SHIRTS WITH HIM ON IT FOR THIS FORUM...
    I feel proud and sheepish.
    I was born in N. Ireland so I am exempt as a Presidential contender.
    Thank Goodness....I am lazy and like naps.

Quote Originally Posted by AScott View Post
    HammockForums.net and Shug.

I happened upon the former while reading a geocaching log and this forum led me to Shug's videos.
    Whoooooooooo Buddy.
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Diy
    Tarp
    HG CF
    Insulation
    DIY Climashield
    Suspension
    Muletape straps

What made me a "hanger"?

I stumbled across a HH recommendation on a lightweight tent forum and was entrigued by the idea of hammock camping. That led to a DIY hammock project to replace the cot I sleep on in the bedroom closet when I work night shifts (rotating shiftwork with two little girls in the house is tough on sleep ) Best thing I have ever made! I was hooked then!

Hammock
    Thommock
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    I read a few tall tales about how comfortable it was to sleep in a hammock, so I started watching youtube videos. Watched a few of Shugs videos, and decided to buy my own hammock and give it a go. I will never go back to sleeping on the ground again.

Hammock
    Gt UL, 1.7 wbbb
    Tarp
    GG, monsoon,suprfl
    Insulation
    PLUQ, jarbidge, di
    Suspension
    Whoopie wb-strap
    Images

Hanging in SW Minnesota

Hey all

I have been to the BWCA the last two years last year I had a beautiful site no problems finding tent spot. This year there was nothin but bare rock. I had brought my GT ultralight traveler to use for naps and as a chair. After one night trying to figure out how not to have roots or rocks in my back I decided. I got out of my tent at midnight on a beautiful clear night. I took my bag and my pad and never woke the whole rest of the night. I was hooked the rest of that trip I went into the tent when the bugs came out ( I don't have bug net) and came out when dew fell. I had never slept so good on a camp trip. I now have my GT set up in my basement and will never again sleep on the ground when there is a perfect night sleep waiting for me in my hammock.

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest or GT Ultralight
    Tarp
    ENO DryFly
    Insulation
    GoLight 3STQ & CCF
    Car camping with some buddies and we had a packed tent so a buddy said someone could use his hammock to sleep outside and free up some space. I offered to "bite the bullet" and have been hooked since. I stayed the rest of the week out there ridiculously comfortable and use my hammock all the time hiking now. Hoping to do some weekend backpacking trips soon once I decide on insulation choices.

Hammock
    Grand Trunk Double
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    DIY Uglyquilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I had picked up a hammock and used it once for reading and napping during a camping trip and thought it was quite comfortable, but I wasn't totally sold until a little bit later:

I had a sore throat and couldn't sleep. I was tossing and turning, my joints ached some and I was just having a terrible time. I remembered that I had set up my hammock in the basement, so I though I'd try sleeping in that. I put an old-school square sleeping back around it as a make shift 'pea-pod' so that it wouldn't be to cold (it's around 65 in the basment). Anyway, I crawled in and fell right asleep and slept great for the rest of the night. I've been contemplating on how to hang it in the bedroom without pissing off the wife ever since.

Could not take sleeping on the ground with a 2 1/2 inch pad was still too hard, Been sleeping on my hammock for a week now on my front porch , I dont even toss and turn or wake up with any kind of pain, even my lil chihuahua likes sleeping with me on it

• + New Posts
  • Page 83 of 258 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593133183 ... LastLast