Hammock
    HH EUA-sym
    Tarp
    MaCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    HG 20° Phoenix
    Suspension
    UCR, Dutchware
    I was going to hike the AT in 2004, and stated training in 2003.
    I was hauling around a 12lbs 2 man tent with a full frame backpack. I went to REI & while the sales person was trying to get me to buy a $400 tent, I saw this small bag hanging on a hook. A Hennessy Hammock. They had no idea how to even set it up. I purchased it, and after finding some info on hanging it, I was off and hanging.

Hammock
    Clark Tropical 2 & XL rainfly
    Tarp
    TRG Prospecting
    Insulation
    TTTG Shamu
    Suspension
    standard Clark
    I've been into hanging for years and theres pretty much always been one in the backyard or in the car for camping trips but I never knew about 'hammock camping' until I stumbled upon Hammock Forums and already being a convert I jumped straight in and bought a Clark! Thanks HF!

There was a bit of a learning curve with getting the right height and tension and making sure the foot end was a little bit higher than the head end and then I discovered that my thermarest really sucked when used in a hammock so I got a UQ and now I'm sleeping better than ever.

I went out west a couple of weeks ago and stayed in my tent. Woke up with a sore back and stiff shoulders and didn't get a decent nights sleep, I can't wait to get back in my hammock now

I'm pretty happy with my setup but some day I might try rigging my sea to sumit 3x3m tarp just for a bit more protection and extra space for cooking etc. nice to have a bit more room when the weather gets nasty

Hammock
    Hennessy Hammock Ultralite Asym
    Tarp
    HH original
    Insulation
    DIY quilt
    Suspension
    DIY slings, cara..
    I met Tom Hennessy in a trade show in Hamilton circa 2006?
    I had a trial on his HennessyHammock and got the bug but did not buy it there.
    Then a few months later I passed by his design studio in Athol, New Zealand and purchased my first hammock.
    I had a spinal injury in an paragliding accident and learned to walk again using canes and still getting better after 14 years! I have some leg pains due to nerve recovery and sleeping or resting in a hammock is good therapy. I have upgraded couple of times since as I use a hammock a lot.

Hammock
    WB Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Down all the way!
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images

Almost there!

I have the hammock, an HH Expedition but haven't slept in it yet. I know, I know, just get out there and do it. I have spent 10-15 minutes lounging around in it to give it a try and I do believe that I will be very happy once I'm getting in it off the trail. Why do I have one? A buddy of mine talked me into it after he read about them on-line. He hasn't slept in his yet either. I was hoping to get out in two weeks so w'ell see what happens.

cheapskate
    Watching Sean "Shug" Emery on You Tube. He just made it look like so much fun!

Hammock
    WB Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Down all the way!
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    He is an entertaining guy! I think I may have actually learned a thing or two from him also.

Hammock
    HH BU
    Tarp
    HH Typhoon
    Insulation
    I just suck it up
    Suspension
    HH
    I'll play along...

I bought my hammock because I wanted something I could easily carry on my dirt bike. A few other guys I ride with have hennessys and they pointed me in the right direction.

Now I'm trying to get back into hiking and snowshoeing so the hammocks are here to stay. I am trying to convince my family it's the way to camp but they are not so sure.

Hammock
    All Hennessy,All Day
    Tarp
    GG12x12,WL OMW
    Insulation
    SuperShelter
    Suspension
    Garda Hitch
    Images
    ive been here a long time and have never posted on this so I thought I would. I first got the idea from watching camping videos and seeing the eureka chrysalis and thinking **** you can camp from a hammock? so I started looking into it and then I saw this place and looked around for awhile. til I decided to get a hennessy. then actually joined this place and never looked back. love it here
    Dale Gribble: I'm thinking, "new hammock." For me, laying and swaying in a hammock is like a steady morphine drip without the risk of renal failure.

Randy : yea but just remember yer roots and where ya come from....you got Hennessy in yer blood son......

Hammock
    Modified ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    Wally World DIYer
    Suspension
    DIY Treehuggers
    I always loved hammocks and hated sleeping on the ground. These two notions combine to lead me to abandon my tent for a hammock while camping, pretty simple.

malariaprotection

Good evening, all

As a hunter and fisherman I became a hanger somewhere in the mid 60's, as the locals insisted that that was the only way to sleep in the Orinoco and Amazon Basin. Later in 1977/1978 I lived in San Jose del Guaviare, Colombia, and the only bedding available was what the Tucano Indians used, a hammock. Then upon returning to more "civilized" surroundings I tried all kinds of beds but failed to get a confortable sleep. Today I sleep most of the time in a handmade hammock, as made by the Wayuu, Guajira, Colombia. Today where ever I go I keep in my 4x4 a Double Nest ENO Hammock.
    Good to join you all
    +++

• + New Posts
  • Page 84 of 258 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694134184 ... LastLast