Page 213 of 258 FirstFirst ... 113163203211212213214215223 ... LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,130 of 2579
    Hammock
    Tribe Provision
    Suspension
    webbing,whoopies
    Brand new to the whole hammock experience. I use to backpack several years ago, and wanted to get back into it. I came across Shug on youtube and decided to give it a try! Really have no idea what I am doing! But I love hiking and the outdoors. Wish me luck!

got tired of sleeping in the ground and the older i got the harder the ground got.

Images
    our uncle Sam introduced me to hammocks in 1977.. been a fan ever since..

My first backpacking trip just over three years ago. Borrowed a friends ground setup and didn't get one good nights sleep out of five. I had been lurking on HF for years prior so when I got back I ordered my full setup and haven't slept in a tent since.
    ...Tell me no lies, make me a happy man ...

Hammock
    Made in China(want a Goshawk)
    Tarp
    Made in China
    Insulation
    Quoll Underquilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Here is a bit about how hammocks started for me and really the outdoors in general.

About 2 years ago I started off hiking during the day for a few hours while my baby napped. Then when I started hiking further and further and steeper (I pretty much know Mt Dandenong VIC like the back of my hand I decided i'd like to give backpacking a go.

I started researching this whole new world called the "outdoors" which previously only existed in my childhood or within computer games during my youth so to say. I decided if i'm going to be hiking long distances I need to be LIGHT (Or ULTRALIGHT! lol.) So, you look through everything you need to survive. Shelter is a huge one. I stumbled across videos on Youtube and Shug really started the flame with hammocks. I only slept on the ground a few times and that was enough

He's hilarious and honest. His advice on hammocks is gold and my whole setup at the moment is thanks to his approach on back packing, not to stress. You basically learn all these things as you go and every trip out you will learn something new. The most important thing is that your out there, enjoying nature!

New Member Not All Wanders Are Lost's Avatar
    Hammock
    Wade Haggard
    Tarp
    Don't own one
    Insulation
    Dont have ant
    Suspension
    Don't Know
    Good day folks,

I am a newbie hanger(just purchased) and my first real hand will be in while on a mission trip to the Amazon Rain Forest. I found out that we were planning on sleeping on a houseboat while going village to village 3 hours south of where the Amazon and Rio Negro river meets. The thought of having to double bunk with another fella led me to search for alternative options. I found that I could hang my hammock from on the top of the House boat and sleep watching the stars. After buying my hammock I found this site looking for ideas about using it, yay moment for me.

I have much to learn.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jezzbeca View Post
    Here is a bit about how hammocks started for me and really the outdoors in general.

About 2 years ago I started off hiking during the day for a few hours while my baby napped. Then when I started hiking further and further and steeper (I pretty much know Mt Dandenong VIC like the back of my hand I decided i'd like to give backpacking a go.

I started researching this whole new world called the "outdoors" which previously only existed in my childhood or within computer games during my youth so to say. I decided if i'm going to be hiking long distances I need to be LIGHT (Or ULTRALIGHT! lol.) So, you look through everything you need to survive. Shelter is a huge one. I stumbled across videos on Youtube and Shug really started the flame with hammocks. I only slept on the ground a few times and that was enough

He's hilarious and honest. His advice on hammocks is gold and my whole setup at the moment is thanks to his approach on back packing, not to stress. You basically learn all these things as you go and every trip out you will learn something new. The most important thing is that your out there, enjoying nature!
    Whoooooo Betty)))) Stress and hammocks don't mix. Enjoy a right good hammock quest.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Hammock Bliss Double
    Tarp
    Vigor 10x10
    Insulation
    Insel-Pad (diy)
    Suspension
    Atlas straps
    Howdy everybody! I guess my main reason for going airborne was getting out of the way of the fire ants, they are thick down here in East Texas, especially after it rains! As a side note, I have sleep apnea and have to sleep with a cpap machine when I am in a bed. It makes for an uncomfortable night and is an impossibility when camping, but I've found that I can get a decent night's rest in a hammock, so I'm never going back to a tent again!

Tarp
    HG hex 1 grizzbeak
    Insulation
    EE Rev30
    Images
    Taking up backpacking been buying gear and haven't got out yet. I am going to hike the AT after my dog party dies. So I wanted to get used to sleeping on the ground, after a month or so my back hurt every night. So I'm elevating my prospetive.

Hammock
    Wilderness Technology double
    Tarp
    DIY hex silpoly
    Insulation
    DIY 3/4 underquilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    Whoooooo Betty)))) Stress and hammocks don't mix.
    Shug
    True story! I have been monitoring my blood pressure for the past few months. I can drop my bp significantly simply by closing my eyes and imagining myself hanging. It works every time.

• + New Posts
  • Page 213 of 258 FirstFirst ... 113163203211212213214215223 ... LastLast