Hammock
    WBBB XLC DBL New
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex
    Insulation
    HG 20 deg Phoenix
    Suspension
    WB Buckle/Whoopies
    A long and winding path. I was researching camp cooking and alcohol stoves. Found a few videos on Fancy Feast stoves and one I thought quite strange but interesting by Shug. That was the end of it. I've been hooked since. Gradually upgrading my gear and learning the ways of the hammock. Truly appreciate Shug's positivity and enthusiasm getting out in the Piney woods and promoting hammocking to others. Shout out to this Forum too. Learned a lot from many folks posting ideas and thoughts. Therefore I hope to never be a ground dweller again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    WBB
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    WB Yeti UQ/HG TQ
    Suspension
    Webbing/Buckles
    Images
    My friend has been bringing an Eno on our BWCA fishing opener trip for the last couple years, I've been in love with my bivy and hadn't felt the need to carry more. I was recommended Shug's Hammock Hangin' How-To Part 1 Essentials for Noobs, on YouTube and became interested.

Hammock
    DIY hammock with bugnet
    Tarp
    El cheap o
    Insulation
    Synthetic
    Suspension
    WS
    Well after year's of trying to make the cold, lumpy, damp and uneven ground comfortable and always failing not to mention a curious bear one night that thought my guy lines were a playtoy, I decided to try hanging since the netted bridge hammock in the backyard was so comfy and if I were to become a bear burrito at least I would see it coming!

Then I watched shug's videos.... Need I say any more!
    Hanging in the trees is my idea of cloud 9

Hammock
    WalhallaCustom11'
    Tarp
    Walhalla Winter
    Insulation
    LL0°,CRO20°
    Suspension
    CL's/Buckles/Etc
    Man, Shug sure has developed quite a legacy he can be proud of! Such a big part of so many people's hanging journeys, ours included. I just joked today with my daughter as she got out of her hammock and put her feet to the damp forest floor, that I would get her a piece of tyvek for her and send it to Shug to autograph for her. Lol!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
    www.wildcherrywoodworks.com (my business)
    www.mainechopstick.com (my other business)
    www.4alloutdoors.org (a friend's site I do reviews for)
    www.curlymaplechronicles.blogspot.com (my personal blog)

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    12' HG DCF tarp w/
    Insulation
    Ridge Creek xl
    Suspension
    Becket Hitch
    I had a friend introduce me to hanging last fall. I had a bad experience with a hammocks before that and had kinda sworn them off. The bad experience was related to trying out a hammock that my most hillbilly friend had made himself...apparently without any guidance.

It's been interesting so far though I'm not yet completely ready to switch over full time reference small kids at home. Shug sure has made the learning part easier for me.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JDWVURx View Post
    A long and winding path. I was researching camp cooking and alcohol stoves. Found a few videos on Fancy Feast stoves and one I thought quite strange but interesting by Shug. That was the end of it. I've been hooked since. Gradually upgrading my gear and learning the ways of the hammock. Truly appreciate Shug's positivity and enthusiasm getting out in the Piney woods and promoting hammocking to others. Shout out to this Forum too. Learned a lot from many folks posting ideas and thoughts. Therefore I hope to never be a ground dweller again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Whooooooo Buddy))))

Quote Originally Posted by jhansen View Post
    My friend has been bringing an Eno on our BWCA fishing opener trip for the last couple years, I've been in love with my bivy and hadn't felt the need to carry more. I was recommended Shug's Hammock Hangin' How-To Part 1 Essentials for Noobs, on YouTube and became interested.
    Love hangin' in the BWCA!

Quote Originally Posted by Ontariobackwoods View Post
    Well after year's of trying to make the cold, lumpy, damp and uneven ground comfortable and always failing not to mention a curious bear one night that thought my guy lines were a playtoy, I decided to try hanging since the netted bridge hammock in the backyard was so comfy and if I were to become a bear burrito at least I would see it coming!

Then I watched shug's videos.... Need I say any more!
    Enjoy the comfort quest.

Quote Originally Posted by curlymaple42 View Post
    Man, Shug sure has developed quite a legacy he can be proud of! Such a big part of so many people's hanging journeys, ours included. I just joked today with my daughter as she got out of her hammock and put her feet to the damp forest floor, that I would get her a piece of tyvek for her and send it to Shug to autograph for her. Lol!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
    I only sign candy bars!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Gillam View Post
    I had a friend introduce me to hanging last fall. I had a bad experience with a hammocks before that and had kinda sworn them off. The bad experience was related to trying out a hammock that my most hillbilly friend had made himself...apparently without any guidance.

It's been interesting so far though I'm not yet completely ready to switch over full time reference small kids at home. Shug sure has made the learning part easier for me.
    Glad to hear that.
    Shug Himself
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    HH Explorer Asym & Safari
    While researching ultralight camping websites ( including Ray Jardine and Henry Shires) I came across Sgt Rocks website.
    His rave review of Hennessey hammocks convinced me to borrow one for a week trip in Algonquin in May.. That was in the early 2000's. I've never looked back!
    Just found this site last fall though and now I'm completely addicted to DIY...and Dutch bling. ...

Bob
    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. ~Thomas Edison

Hammock
    Wise Owl Single (for now)
    Tarp
    Rolling Fox Tarp
    Suspension
    Wise Owl Talon
    Much like hairstyles in the 80's, I'm experimenting.

Hammock
    no preference at this point
    Tarp
    Full winter tarp
    Suspension
    strap/toggle/whoop
    My son was in the scouts when he was younger. I watched many of the adults and older scouts pitching hammocks and never really thought about it.

My brother in law gave my son a complete ENO kit. And I mean complete. Bug net, straps, biners, everything but a tarp. And then a year later he took it all back. My son was pretty upset so I just happened to see them on wish and I grabbed it. So now I'm 41 peeking at a fast approaching 42 and we all go camping. It was a rushed affair and poorly planned so we ended up on a gravel tent pad with no air mattress. My son threw his hammock up. In 10 minutes he was swinging and snoring. Meanwhile me and my wife slept on what we called "chastity" rocks.

So, I vowed to look into this hammock junk. I figured my big butt would never fit in one but maybe we can clear the tents out enough to find room for an air mattress. (We have 6 kids)

A week later and gobs of reading and tube videos later and my hammock is on its way to me. I just got a notification as I was typing this that it's out for delivery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx and Burrow
    Suspension
    Strap and Buckle
    I wonder if anyone has read all 222 pages of this thread :O
    The camper formerly known as HikingDad...

• + New Posts
  • Page 222 of 258 FirstFirst ... 122172212220221222223224232 ... LastLast