Hammock
    Eno Single-Nest (for now!)
    Tarp
    Eno Pro Fly Tarp
    Insulation
    sleeping bag pad
    Suspension
    Eno Slap straps
    My cousin received a hammock one Christmas, we camped out, me in a tent, him in his hammock. He really enjoyed the night he spent out and I was intrigued. He showed me Shug's videos then I was hooked.

Hammock
    ENO DoubleNest
    Insulation
    down UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Well, my boyfriend got and ENO DN from our local outfitter store and after laying in it, I wanted one for myself. When I looked at them I was iffy on the price, but they were on sale so I looked anyway. And then I saw a purple one. I'm obsessed with pretty much anything purple, so I had a fit and had to have it. Not to mention it was an awesome sale where I ended up getting the DN and the Slap Strap Pros for about the same price as just the DN would be, so after some convincing that I wouldn't get it for that price anywhere else, I bought the purple one, and I've been hooked ever since.

Hammock
    diy
    Tarp
    xenon sil diy
    Insulation
    pad n' mummy bag
    Suspension
    whoopies n' webbin
    I got into doin some lightweight backpackin and tossed the tent and went for the hammock and tarp.But I have to thank the two cajuns i met up in the Cherokee national forest for introducing me to the hammock .After drinkin a stack of beers with them they made me lie down in their eno doublenest and as soon as i got in i was hooked never would have thought there would be so many options for suspension,hammocks tarps and all the other goodies that go along with it

Hammock
    DIY The Green Machine
    Tarp
    Tad Pole
    Insulation
    TQ TBA UQ HG 20
    Suspension
    UCR Whoopies
    It's all Shug's fault......
    ~My therapist has told me that the first step to recovery is admitting my problem, Hello I'm a Hammockolic~

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest... So far
    Tarp
    ENO Profly
    Insulation
    Cheeseburgers
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by scoutsnoa View Post
    It's all Shug's fault......
    Shug! strikes! again!
    "Think Outside the Tent"

Hammock
    The Purple People eater. 11' DIY
    Tarp
    DIY Superfly
    Insulation
    HG UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    WHOOPIE SLINGS!
    One of the boys scouts in our sons' troop had a hennesy. Nighthauk lay in it, and the family hasn't turned back since! (Other than 10 days of family camping in a field ever summer, but even then the boys are still hanging!)
    Chase your dreams without fear or hesitation!

Hammock
    DIY double table cloth
    Tarp
    DIY with ridgeline
    Insulation
    Poncho liner DIY
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings DIY
    Images
    I overheard some scoutmasters talking about a really cool hammock so I went online and found HH and Clarke. I could afford HH so I bought one for me and one for my son with the winter special (I only use my HH in the Spring and Fall as it is too hot in the summer and harder to rig DIY UQ to in the winter; plus no bugs in winter so no need for bugnet.).
    Since then, I have enjoyed the GTUL and have made my own hammocks and tarps. I just got my own 'thread injector' and I look forward to making all kinds of gear. With my weak back, I need the lightest and best sleeping arrangement. Hammocks are the best sleep with the least weight without spending more hundreds than my wife is willing to give me(1). My current setup costs $15 for GTUL, $10 for my poncho liner UQ and $10 for my curtain panel from Walmart (used as a weather shield under my UQ, $50 for my sleeping bag, and $15 for straps, whoopie slings, shock cord.=$100 (Cheaper than one night in a hotel)
    Hanging in the Ozarks

NorfolkGal
    Out of the blue my husband bought me an ENO double nest for Christmas (he had no idea it was for two, (bless him). I found it intriguing, tried it and although I was cold I got a better sleep than on the ground under a tarp. Also didn't have to worry about strange critters investigating what was in their territory. Not totally sold on the swing thing, but not ready to go back to the ground. Here to learn more.

Always used a tent and then heard about using a hammock for hiking. The idea was intriguing to me and now I am looking into it and learning a lot from the people on this forum.

Hammock
    DIY hammy
    Tarp
    prezidential suite
    Insulation
    diy underquilt
    Suspension
    straps n buckles
    I'm wondering why there isn't more pro napper/ hangers in southern cali.. im doin all i can...hanging out til i get asked to leave by gumshoe/nicker/cities finest telling me, "you cant hang anything on trees"... glad i pay taxes

• + New Posts
  • Page 125 of 258 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135175225 ... LastLast