Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by weava View Post
    I was looking for a new tent when my brother showed me a shug emery video. I forgot about the tent
    Whoooooo Buddy)))))))))
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    WBRR D1.7
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Marmot Plasma 15
    Suspension
    Adjustable webbing
    Went on a camping trip and my buddy whipped out an ENO singlenest. He spent hours setting the thing up. I went home and started researching how he could set the thing up faster. Stumbled across HF.net. Found a picture of a WBBB. The rest is history.

Hammock
    DIY PolyD 1.2
    Tarp
    DIY .74 oz cuben
    Insulation
    Marmot Mod & DIY
    Suspension
    Dynaglide & Anchor
    I needed to become an ultra-lightist for medical reasons and can no longer do 10-15 miles a day with 50 pounds on my back.

UL brought me to hammocks ... which have the added advantage for me of being pitched and occupied off the ground.

So, I've been putting together a new way of doing things, thanks to wise and wonderful people on this site that I have grown to love.

I've only been able to do things experimentally in the back yard and at a local park. But got a call this morning, great news, indicating that I'll be "back on my feet" again very soon. Can't wait to try things out "for real."

Mike

Learn to survive and thrive in any situation, for you never know what might happen. Love family and friends passionately. Suffer no fool. Know your purpose in life and follow it with all your heart.

Hammock
    Tenth Wonder Bivi Hornet XL
    Tarp
    DD XL 4,5x3 Coyote
    Insulation
    DD Snugpak UB
    Suspension
    Whoopies + huggers
    I had given up on the whole idea of going on over night trips as I have hated for all of my 42 years to sleep on the ground. Not because the ground is always cold here. But because it's hard, full of rocks, roots and all manner sof stuff that makes it impossible to get a rest.

Then last year I found a Bushcraft forum online, and those are more or less swinging all of them. I got a very cheap WWII era Jungle hammock, took it on one trip and that was taht. I had to have the real deal. And now I do. Anmd I am back outrside again, where I bellong.

Insulation
    jcp,army poncho
    Suspension
    whip it good

well

the story goes like this..... I finally finally was going on my first backpacking trip I had done years and countless research on backpacking gear and especially sleeping and all its options. I knew I didn't want a tent due for a couple reason condensation and weight and a few others. I wanted a tarp tent or tarp but couldn't find those local that I wanted. The other thing was I was a college student didn't have a river of cash. So buying a tarp tent online even making one was out of the question. I saw, read, watch many other hammock videos but I figured no I just end up on the ground and giraffe neck (which I did ). So the day before the trip I was getting last minute stuff and of course sleeping arrangements. I was at my last store army surplus store and it was looking like i was sleeping on the ol ground. Then it middle of all this dust, dirt, and army gear was a hammock. Like a beaten solider I gave in bought it still thinking I am going to end up on the ground and wake with my neck looking like a giraffe. Well needless to say the first round was miserable woke up with my tarp on top of me first night, didn't choose the right tree distant on both nights, woke up cold second night, but like love at first sight I was deep in love"You'll never find another love like mine" Went home and started learning and adapting things to my taste.
    Last edited by ambrosia; 02-20-2013 at 11:57.

Hammock
    Hennessy Hammock
    Tarp
    Kelty Tarp
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images

Sleepless nights

Getting a good night sleep, is the best way to spend your time in gods country.
    Last edited by Muddpuppy; 02-20-2013 at 17:22.

Hammock
    H/H Stock
    Tarp
    H/H Stock
    Insulation
    N/A
    Suspension
    Stock

Introduction

Good Day, you all, !
    Just take a little bit & introduce myself, my name is Rick, & have been visiting your site for sometime, I don't consider myself new to "Hanging" for back in the mid 80's to early 90's I used a GI jungle hammock, and I was happy with it, just simple ! anyway when I wanted to get back into backpacking, I did a Google search on hammocks & discovered a whole different world, with improved technology & shared information, I was amazed !
    it did not take long to convince me, hammocks were the way to go, I was impressed with Hennessy hammocks, so I purchased a used online, (eBay) and my only regret is its bottom entry, it'll will have to do for now, but I will seriously, in the near future, seek out a zippered side entry.
    with that said I'm still going forward & now working to gather my accessories, my goal is a blackbird war bonnet, money is tight right now, so for the time being, my HH will do.
    Anyway I look forward to sharing, learning new products ideals and places.

What made you a "hanger"?

A buddy at work.....good old peer pressure

Hammock
    ENO Double Deluxe
    Tarp
    Pro Fly
    Insulation
    DIY Pod
    Suspension
    Atlas Straps
    Because I just end up passing out in the camp hammock anyway.

Ha, seriously, I used to have a really nice, ginormous, rope hammock with a stand I'd take to festivals -untill it ran away- and I'd inevitably spend more time in that than in my tent. Then I found a few hangers at a Burning Flipside a few years ago and, well, hell... it just made sense! I told myself I wanted to do that, got all reved up to glorify my big, giant, cumbersome camp hammock as the hammock of all hammocks... then promtly forgot when I got home and my inner squirrel found something new to play with. I think it was patio gardening...

In hindsight, hammock-thulu would have been a terrible idea.

Plus tent set up and tear down sucks. So does lugging the weight. They're hot as hell in the summer half the time with hot stale air even with the windows open and no fly and far too drafty in winter. They leak. sleeping on the ground also sucks, as does figuring out at 2 am that you kipped your bed on the ONE blasted rock you missed clearing and pop said bed. Flys. Mosquitos. Various other annoying flighty things. Snakes in your blankets. Scorpions in your shoes. Spiders. Well, I'm actually ok with that last one.

Hammock
    Skeeter Beeter Pro
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    wool
    Suspension
    tree slings
    I am planning a 430 mile AT section hike in May. Watching Shug and Loner videos sold me on the Hammock ways. I have an old net hammock I have napped in the woods with many times. But My new Skeeter Beeter Pro is my new baby. I can't wait to test her out.
    Embrace the "Now" and "Be"

• + New Posts
  • Page 129 of 258 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139179229 ... LastLast