Hammock
    DIY Ripstop
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 12
    Insulation
    HG 20* Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I saw some youtube videos, and I decided that a hammock would be awesome and smaller than a tent. Got a cheap hammock that serves its purpose as a place holder for a better hammock well. I can't wait to get a HH!

explorer2
    My lady actually got us our first hammock in an effort to slow us down a bit and relax and enjoy our yard a bit. We have been hangers every since.

Hammock
    Byer of Maine Traveler lite
    Insulation
    none yet
    Suspension
    DIY paracord&strap
    I am new to the world of hammocks. I was checking out some YouTube videos on lightweightbackpacking and saw the hammocks and thought I would give it a try

Hammock
    Skeeter beeter pro
    Tarp
    Undecided
    Insulation
    Gortex bivie cover
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Me and five buddies go the clear creek outside of talked tan Alaska.we camp and fish for two weeks in late July early august.i was on eureka website a couple of years ago and seen chrysalis hammock.i told them if I was gonna be a hobo this would the way to go.didnt go fishing for last two summers.went to Afghanistan in 2011.and in 2012 broke ankle in afghanistan. Came home for ankle surgery in July.have all this spare time to do research and came across all this wealth of knowledge over the four months.got a skeeter beeter pro from Austin kayak because I came across iit on it hammock forum.sells for $69.00 plus if you register with them you get 20 0/0 off first purchase and free shipping.i figured one can't go wrong with deal.strung in front yard like it gonna modifie it with a ridge line. So that how this whole thing started.

Hammock
    Grand Trunk UL
    Tarp
    HDPE tarp
    Insulation
    CCF + Synth bag
    Suspension
    whoopie sling & TH
    I'm probably not considered a hanger yet, but I think I'm on my way. I received a Grand Trunk Ultralight hammock as a gift/souvenir from a friend about a year ago. I never bothered to set it up because I didn't have enough rope; I never brought it camping because it took up space and I didn't know how to set it up. Then on my 2012 Boundary Waters trip, I threw it in my pack on a whim. I managed to scrounge enough rope to hang it from a couple of really close trees for lounging purposes. I couldn't believe I hadn't done it sooner.

Toward the end of my 2012 BWCA trip, I said to the friend who had bought me the hammock, "I think I'll look into camping with a hammock." It seemed like a good idea, though I had never heard of anyone doing it. When I got back, I found Sgt Rock's site, Just Jeff's site, and Hammock forums. I ordered up some polyester webbing and amsteel blue. Now I just have to complete my maiden voyage, hopefully before it gets too cold.

Back pain in a tent...oh and the WBBB lol

I wanted to try hanging as an alternative to tenting - Found Hennessy Hammock site and the rest is history

Cause I live in Florida.

As a visiting friend once said, "How do you live here? Everything will sting you, stick you, burn you or bite you!"

Hammock
    Cave Creek Hammock (Hexon 1.0)
    Suspension
    Whoopie Huggers
    I was looking for something to replace my bed. I don't sleep very well and am uncomfortable at night. I had been in a hammock a few times but never slept all night in one. I like the movement of a hammock. When I came across this forum and got the idea of using one while camping, I thought of how I was even more uncomfortable on my last camping trip than when I sleep in my bed. So I dove in.

Hammock
    DIY "Taco" Hammock
    Tarp
    Hennessy hex fly
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Wingardium Leviosa
    I found hammocks while browsing in an outfitter store. Having done the tent experience before, I was looking for something different, and getting off the ground seemed like the best way to go.

• + New Posts
  • Page 116 of 258 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126166216 ... LastLast