Hammock
    DD Frontline
    Tarp
    3x3 Elite Basha
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    I've been camping for many years now (too many to remember exactly) all those years ago there was a big group of us about 15 i think it was. As a youngster sleeping on the ground wasn't so bad, however as we get older i gets more of an effort to get etc, etc. anyway i can't exactly remember what made me buy a hammock, but i knew i didn't want a net one as i'd used one when i was young and remembered getting button stuck etc, so it had to be a fabric one. Liked the look of the HH but didn't want to spend all that money in case i didn't like it. Eventually i got a DD Hammock the scout to be exact, well i haven't looked back now on a camping trip with my buddies i wake up feeling great no aches or pains. I have now upgraded to a DD camping hammock for the moment that does me fine. Wether i'm a hanger or not i'll let you decide one thing for sure i love hanging in the trees.

Hammock
    WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    As a volunteer in an organization helping children in need, I was attending a course where the volunteers could get inspiration for various outdoor activities for children with special needs.

While setting up camp the instructor asked us how we prefered to sleep in the outdoors - he had a trailer with loads of gear, including a few hammocks. Never having slept in a hammock at the time, I opted to hang.... and WOW did it turn out to be a pleasant surprise!!

I've been into the outdoors since childhood and often go camping in tents and bivys... while sleeping in tents I always wake up REALLY early each morning with a slight tension in my lower back - sleeping in the hammock, I was the last one to wake up (I'm usually the first!) and felt totally rested and relaxed.
    First thought while looking at the beautyful tree tops: I'm never going on the ground again!

/TheWild
    Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished...

hennesy

well i am a hanger cause i am in boy scouts and i got sick there tents. i love my hennessy and love camping!!!!!!!!!

Jordan.D

Hammock
    byer parachute
    Tarp
    Zeltbahn
    Insulation
    sleeping bag + pad
    Last year i bought a hammock from Academy for a winter survival camp out w/ my Boyscout Troop. Instead we stayed in tents because it was below freezing the whole time, and it ended up being the first time in 40+ years that the Troop had been on a camp out where it snowed. I forgot about it until 3 or so months ago when I brought it along just to relax in during my spare time. The end result was that I ended up pulling out all my sleeping gear and spent the rest of the weekend in it. Sometime soon after that i began wondering if it was possible to use hammocks instead of tents, and it was then that I you tube searched it and found Shug's channel.

Most likely I'm going to bring my/a hammock setup and use it from now on!!!!!!!!

Hammock
    Exped Scout Combi
    Tarp
    DD XL/ exped 1.5x3
    Insulation
    Sleeping Bag+Under
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I'm moving to California, so I want to get up off the ground away from critters.

Dave

trailmonkey
    it's a weight thing for me. better than a tent. but in all honesty, it's more fun to use a hammock!

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1, HH Bkpkr Ult Asym , GT
    Tarp
    OES Mct, WB Sprfly
    Insulation
    leighlo,HG burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies/straps
    Last year, I had a neck/back injury. Found that sleeping on the ground was more uncomfortable than I remember in the past. I would awake to lower back pain in the morning. I began to look for better pads and tried them out, but no luck.

In my research for comfort, I came across the HH at REI. I thought it looked cool... like a plane in mid-air. I started to watch vids on YouTb and like what I saw. Purchased a Grand Trunk to hang in the yard to test it out and found that it prevented me from having pressure points on my body.

I found a used HH Back Packer Ult Asym on ebay for a fraction of the cost and thought I would give it a try. Tested it out 2 times... 1. Windy in 40F weather- used blankets under me and sleeping bag over. 2. Raining heavily coming in at 40 degree angle- had the fly down steep and stayed dry.

As for insulation, I am awaiting for my first UQ to obtain the utmost comfort in colder weather.

Thank you to all who contribute to this forum... you all have been a vessel of knowledge and I have learned through your experiences and advice that I have read about.

Now... I just want to quit my job and hike for the rest of my life...(dreaming)... Ok... maybe every other weekend... kind of like shared custody.

Nojack

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 12
    Insulation
    diy uq
    Suspension
    stock
    It happened for me when my much beloved but 15 year old tent basically disintegrated from UV damage. When I was shopping for a new one, I couldn't find anything trustworthy that didn't have a rainfly that covered the whole thing and was reasonably priced.

What I liked best about my old tent was that it was light, and I could see out on all sides. What I didn't like was trying to get in and out of it on wet days without getting the tent and my knees muddy.

I bivied out a lot, but trying to keep the mosquito netting off my face and staving off claustrophobia fits was pretty annoying. And the ground seemed to get harder as I got older.

So I started looking for an better alternative. I stumbled across SGT Rock's site and suddenly knew what I wanted.

The entry price for the more popular brands concerned me given I wasn't even sure this would work for me, but the Mosquito Bliss hammock has been a great start. I'm sure I'll upgrade eventually - after all who isn't interested in finding better, more perfectly suited gear?
    Not all who wander are lost - sometimes we're just looking.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 Dbl
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Researching
    Suspension
    Slings and webbing
    Hammock forums, Warbonnet Guy and Shug!
    “Your worth consists in what you are and not in what you have.” – Thomas Edison

Hammock
    Home Made from Acer
    Tarp
    Kelty
    Insulation
    Body Fat
    Suspension
    Mule's Special
    Images
    Have always loved the outdoors.....Always loved hiking and camping....
    I friend had hammock camped for years...I tried out his and liked it. SOOOOOO
    Bought a walmart fish net hammock and it all started from there...

Jerry The Hiker

• + New Posts
  • Page 50 of 258 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast