Page 121 of 258 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131171221 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 2579

Need ALL of your feedback, info,etc.

Brand new to hanging...I have been motorcycle solo tent camping for years and am ready for the next level of adventure.....I have a recreational Amazonus hammock that I have been napping in....
    Soooo.....Brands and types of hammocks, overflys, undercovers, thermarest inside or not? (i usually camp early spring and late fall in upper NYS...so it's pretty cold)...
    Eagles Nest, Hennessey?...others??? Go for it...give me ALL the info you want! I will listen to everything!!!!!
    Patti

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird/Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    OES 12x10
    Insulation
    WB Yeti/Lynx
    Images
    My personal advice is Warbonnet hammocks all the way - Brandon makes great systems of gear that work well together, and his hammocks are some of the most popular on hammock forums for a reason.

I recently organized a Colorado Group campout, and we had a total of around 15ish different hammocks in total over the two nights. I think I counted two DIYs, an Eagles Nest, and 12 varying Warbonnet hammocks. Brandon, owner of Warbonnet, was one of the people attending the campout, and he had sold several more of his newest model (the Ridgerunner) by the end of the weekend.

http://www.warbonnetoutdoors.com

For more specific questions regarding the warbonnet line,

http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/f...splay.php?f=62

Snappin Turtle

I was tired of the ground!

I became a hanger after a long hard trial and error period of being in the military and sleeping on the ground. I was always required to carry a heavy pack for no reason and rough it out in the elements. I found myself wondering why we had "mandatory packing lists" and why we could never eat anything better than an MRE. The more I suffered, the more I desired for something better on my solo trips during the weekends. I picked up a copy of Mike Clelland's: Ultralight Backpackin' Tips and started applying his knowledge. I went on a few ultralight trips and found out that I hate bugs and sleeping on the ground. I woke up too many times with sore shoulders and lost a lot of sleep wondering if a colony of fire ants would make their way into my shelter at night. Sure enough my searches led me to Derek Hansen's: The Ultimate Hang and things have never been the same since. I find that the quality of sleep and comfort I get in a hammock is unparalleled by anything else. Even my bed at home!

Hammock
    HH explorer deluxe asym zip
    Tarp
    Insulation
    3/4 Thermarest
    Suspension
    Biners&RapRings
    For me it was very simple, was putting toghether a rig for my trips and just did some basic math:

bike + lightweiht + mostly stealth camping = hammock

(not to mention how much I wish to avoid all the pain and discomfort associated with my use of a tent in the past 10 years)
    Respect LIFE, Share PEACE, Live NOW!
    "Everything you do comes back to you."

Hammock
    HH
    Suspension
    tree huggers
    Images

Smile

After hooking up with my old riding friend Woolman, from our motorcycle days of 25 or 30 years ago, he enlightened and encouraged me to give hang'n in the breeze a try. Wow, was all I could say after sleeping in that Hennessy the first time. I wasn't sure I was even going to make the trip because my back had been acting up for the last few days, but figured it couldn't be much worse than hobbling around in my man-cave. Turns out that first hang seemed to have adjusted my back to some degree overnight and the pain I had been experiencing for the last few days was almost gone in the morning. Eureka! Chiropractic Camp'n. I was in love! So, thanks to my long time close friend Woolman, I too am now a proud and very happy hanger.

This forum is the cat's meow and I'm glad I found it as there is SO much to explore and learn about in here. I'll be adding some of our hanging camps pictures in here soon. Hat's off to the mods that make this place rock! Walk free and hang tight...lb
    LarryBourgeois - Outdoorsy Guy

http://larrybourgeois.blogspot.ca/

Hammock
    DIY 12' GE Tablecloth
    Tarp
    DIY 10x12 Silnylon
    Insulation
    DIY Climashield UQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Myself and 3 other outdoorsmen took a weeklong trip in the Boundary Waters Canoe Area in northern Minnesota a few years ago. One of the other guys brought an ENO hammock for lounging around in at camp. I was a little skeptical about it at first, but 1 nap in it changed my mind about hammocks completely.

Once we were home, I started Googling about hammocks and found that making my own was not difficult at all. I made one with a double bottom and mosquito netting to keep these bloodthirsty suckers at bay for hanging here in Mississippi. That led to tree huggers which led to making my own whoopie slings which led to a silnylon tarp which led to shock corded tie downs which led to an Amsteel structural ridgeline which led to a DIY Climashield UQ which is where I am right now. I have a TQ, CCF pad, stuff sacks, pillow and a portable hammock stand still on my DIY list.

I have only hung out in the backyard up to this point, but I have some stealthy plans for the hammock once turkey and canoeing season rolls back around.

SouthernExposure

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah
    Insulation
    HG UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    ENO Atlas Straps
    I have only recently become a hanger. Several months ago my brother in law got an ENO Hammock and brought it on a hike along the GA part of the AT. He encouraged me to try it out while we were there, and i fell asleep within 10 minutes. That has never happened to me on a hiking trip. I was never a hardcore Ultralight guy, but i was willing to add some ounces to my kit for comfort like that. Since then, i have bought my own hammock and a Hammock Gear Underquilt. As i generally love winter camping the best, i have been reading a lot about hammocking in an effort to learn to be warm out there. This place is a gold mine, but there's a LOT to take in.

I picked up a cheap camping hammock thinking I would just lounge around in it. Once I had to sleep in it out of necessity (no room to pitch a tent), and I found I had a great nights sleep. I was a little cold...and worried about bugs...which led me here to the madness .

Hammock
    ENO Double Nest
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex
    Insulation
    DIY UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    DIY Straps
    Images

Why I became a "hanger"...

For me, the hammock setup is lighter and easier to set-up. It also beats sleeping on the ground anytime.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    EE Rev / Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    I blame Shug!

One itty bitty video about alcohol stoves lead me to his hammock series and I was hooked!
    Where ever you go, there you are?

• + New Posts
  • Page 121 of 258 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131171221 ... LastLast