Page 231 of 258 FirstFirst ... 131181221229230231232233241 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,310 of 2579
    I saw a friend hang a hammock between 2 cypress trees, while on a 3 day kayak trip. Knew I. had to give it a try

Hammock
    DIY Big Red Hammock
    Tarp
    DIY Tarp w/ Doors
    Insulation
    HG UQ/Sleeping Bag
    Suspension
    Cinch Bugs / Strap
    Hello,

For me, I bought some cheap parachute hammocks just for fun. As comfortable as they were, I thought I'd try using one when camping instead of a pad on the ground. After an overnight with lows around 30ºF, I realized I needed to do a little more research on what works and it's been an evolving process since then.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow #4280
    Insulation
    LocoLibreGear
    Suspension
    Whoopies w spiders
    For me it was a combination of wawhikers and Shugs videos. I was impressed by the combination of portability and comfort. Tents have benefits but the view from a hammock cannot be beaten. I have even switched to hanging indoors. So much so I have not been in a bed for nearly a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    XLC/SLD 11' Tree Runner/BB
    Tarp
    WB MiniFly/SLD WH
    Insulation
    Jacks 'R' Better
    Suspension
    MyersTech/Dyneema
    Images
    Shug, peanut butter pop tarts, a case of the shingles, & 60lbs.in 6 months.
    "...in Florida, she felt air conditioning for the first time, and it was cold and unnatural upon her skin."

I always loved the regular hammock, hängmatta in Swedish, the flat one, looks sometimes like a mat, that like everyone have in their garden, with a flat lie. (Fun fact - a hammock in Swedish is the kind of hanging sofa - can be confusing when talking to family who doesn't know the diffrent :-p)
    Could lie in for hours at a end. The camping hammock is relatively new too me. Have been tent camping all my life and it was by looking at hiking videos on Youtube I found out that there even existed. Bought a Ticket to the moon little over a year ago and just loved it! Never slept so well camping before. Upgraded to a Dutchware Chameleon last October and still love hammock camping. I have a little dog, a Shih Tzu blend that sleeps in it with me, and I can easier check if she is warm or cold than I can in a tent.
    Plus - I don't have to crawl out of the tent in the morning, just sit up and exit

Hammock
    Chameleon, SLD, Hennessey, ENO DN
    Tarp
    Planning a DIY
    Insulation
    OneTigris UQ
    Suspension
    Multiple
    I have always enjoyed hammocks and recently got I to homecoming. Primarily because it is getting harder and harder to get myself off the ground and not be all locked up stuff in the mornings.

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon
    Tarp
    12' HG Journey
    Insulation
    down
    Hello, My name is Matt and I'm a hammock addict.

Started off my hanging love in my grandfather's military issue jungle hammock back in the day until one day it ripped due to dry rot. Replaced that with another jungle hammock from the Army Surplus store and used it for a few more years before taking a hiatus. More recently (last 6 months or so) I replaced my bed with a hammock and only keep the bed below it as a soft catch system but that may go completely soon. I just bought a Dutch Chameleon this weekend from them at Hangcon2018. Just waiting for the website to update tomorrow to order some more of the gear that he's designed to go with it that he showed off there. So at this point I've got three complete hammock systems and a few more hammocks for lounging.

Hey everyone, first post. I picked up a Clark Jungle Hammock back in 2005 and have been using it ever since. I'm sure this is obvious to most people here, but I love it for its portability (fits very easily in my bike bag for bikepacking), I don't need level, smooth ground (very hard to find when not in a designated campground), it's clean (in and out with no dirt), it's more waterproof than my old dome (since it's off the ground), and it's super low if not zero impact (since it hangs over the ground).

I got started when, using a backyard bridge hammock, I thought it would be neat to build a canopy off the bridges to keep the sun off me.

I blame Gilligan's Island. When I saw the Skipper and his Little Buddy sleeping in a hammock, I thought it was the coolest thing in the world. Of course I was right.

Shugs videos and the warm summer air we get here in So Cal. It's just a great way to lounge

• + New Posts
  • Page 231 of 258 FirstFirst ... 131181221229230231232233241 ... LastLast