Wanted to write a little review, albeit overdue, of my Incubator/Burrow purchase and recent hikes on the Foothills Trail and AT.

I had been using a pad and sleeping bag with my hammock, but had been debating quilts. When I heard about the HG Labor Day sale I PM'd Stormcrow on here and also sent an e-mail asking some opinion on degree rating and overfill. Didn't get a response to either so I sent another e-mail on Labor Day. Still no response so I went ahead with my order to take advantage of the sale. I ordered a 20deg Incubator with overfill and a 40deg Burrow with overfill.

When I placed the order and when checking the status, I did comment that my next trip wasn't until mid-Oct. And it took a full 4 weeks for my order to arrive, which made me a little nervous as it was cutting it close for me to check the new gear before my first trip. I might add that I did notice someone post here about placing an order after mine and receiving it before mine. But okay, I set an expectation of when I had to have the order and I did receive it just time.

On the trail, they were great! For the FHT in Oct, temps were in the 40's at night with somewhat strong winds on 2 nights. On the AT in Jan, temps were in the 20's at night with strong winds 1 night. I slept so good and stayed perfectly warm every night. The 20deg/40deg combination is working well for me. Using the quilts was so much better than my pad and sleeping bag. I can't imaging hanging again without my quilts.

Quality of the quilts is absolutely great. The suspension on the Incubator worked great and I didn't have any issues getting it adjusted.

Overall, I'm very happy. Despite never hearing back on my initial e-mails and PM, I did get responses to my order status inquiries.

Tighe