WBBB 1.1 dl
    Tarp
    WB Edge or SF
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix, DIY TQ
    Suspension
    WB web or whoopies
    Images
    I love my edge over my bb. I've had no issues with getting wet and it seems to have plenty of coverage. The one time I was worried about getting wet was when I didn't have a great spot to hang, so I used my poncho at the wind side, making a third door. Worked great.

Hammock
    1.1 DOUBLE WBBB
    Tarp
    EDGE
    Suspension
    webbing
    Im tempted to go with the edge because I tend to plan around the weather plus spring-summer and fall is my preffered hiking season. I cant wait for my hammock to show up so i can take it out for a spin

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    WB Lynx, HG Burrow
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch Bugs
    Images
    Used the Edge for the past two years on hiking and canoeing trips, all solo. Edge works well for lightweight backpacking, especially solo, where you're not spending a lot of time under there. It's an excellent piece of gear for that purpose, and I love it.

If rain threatens, just pitch it much lower to the hammock (almost touching hammock when unweighted) and you will have better coverage. In a big thunderstorm, absolutely pouring, but not blowing too much, the hammock did not get wet at all. I got the door kit, and bring one side with me, in case rain wants to blow in one end. Used it once for wind protection, but not yet in heavy rain.

My two cents, If you are going to spend a lot of time in one place, or hang out with friends under the tarp for any length of time, it's a bit small for that purpose. In porch mode, I've cooked under there (carefully) with an alcohol stove, but wouldn't have dinner party under there, you know... Wouldn't want to spend a whole day under there. Hope that helps.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DL & 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    WB SF, WB Edge
    Insulation
    HG Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I have a SF and I really like the coverage and privacy it provides. I am thinking about ordering an Edge for a little lighter load for next summer. The SF though is really nice in porch mode. Good luck with your decision. HH.

Hammock
    1.1 dbl ge double strech-side
    Tarp
    Tadpole/ Superfly
    Insulation
    HG- TQ,UQ- DIY PL
    Suspension
    Whoopie,D Buckle
    Images
    Get both. You can get the SF now, and then/when you have the extra funds, get the Edge. If you have an idea of the weather, you know which tarp to carry. IMO, if I could only have one, I would go with the bigger one.....RR
    I'm a member of PETA!!!!

People
    Eating
    Tasty
    Animals

Images
    Like so many others before, I don't have the edge, but I do have the Superfly, I also have the Wilderness Logics Tadpole, I use both with WBBB. See in the photo the difference in coverage of the two tarps. The tadpole is my go to mild weather tarp. The edge is 6" wider than the tadpole, you should be fine.

swank

Hammock
    1.1 DOUBLE WBBB
    Tarp
    EDGE
    Suspension
    webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunnr72 View Post
    Get both. You can get the SF now, and then/when you have the extra funds, get the Edge. If you have an idea of the weather, you know which tarp to carry. IMO, if I could only have one, I would go with the bigger one.....RR
    good idea, i ordered the edge and will probably end up with a bigger one eventually. I look forward to trying it out, my first hammock!

Hammock
    The Susurro Canyon (DIY)
    Tarp
    1.1oz SilPolyD Hex
    Insulation
    FoyleUQ DIY TQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie Slings
    I too am facing the issue of what to purchase. My in-laws are asking for a list with links for my b-day, which is still a month away. They're not into buying something that they just happen to walk by in the mall. They just ask for links and a price next to it.

That being said and to stay on topic, I'm looking at the Edge and the Tadpole. I have a diy table cloth hammock (126x60). I have a 60" wide piece of mystery cloth picked up at Savers. It holds water all day long, so I'm thinking it's silnylon, and whichever tarp I get, I'm going to use the mystery cloth to fashion some doors.

My gear allows for 3 seasons of backpacking, so I won't need to beat the winter storms.
    Leonard Outdoors Youtube.com/drleonar

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Edge/superfly
    Insulation
    Adict
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrprince View Post
    I love my edge over my bb. I've had no issues with getting wet and it seems to have plenty of coverage. The one time I was worried about getting wet was when I didn't have a great spot to hang, so I used my poncho at the wind side, making a third door. Worked great.
    I do the same. The Edge is my go to for 3 season. Superfly for winter.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12