WBRR
    Tarp
    diy sil argon camo
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    whoopie slings

rr suspension mod?

Just wondering if anyone has tried this...............what if you took off the straps, the cinch buckles etc, and your ridge runner was down to just the hammock and the dog bones, and then you took a whoopie sling--do a larks head thru the ends of the dog bones----and use the traditional straps, marlin spike /toggle set up? Any problems with that? What would be the advantages? What would be the disadvantages? Just kicking an idea around!
    FYI: If you want to know what type a certain bear is, sneak up behind it and kick it. Then,
    run like crazy and climb up a tree. If the bear climbs the tree and eats you, it's a black
    bear. If the bear just pushes the tree over and eats you, it's a grizzly bear : )

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either, just leave me alone.
    --unknown

Thats pretty much what I'm doing except I'm using a dutch biner between the whoopie and the dogbones so I can separate them easily. I think your method should work just as well.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Lynx/Quilts
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Very doable. Main disadvantage is that it would make he minimum hang distance a bit further than it already is due to the whoopies.
    Brian
    Denver, CO
    Father. Husband. Scoutmaster.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    diy sil argon camo
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Thanks guys! I wasnt sure if the larkshead would put too much stress on the dog bone end since there isnt anything inbetween them (no ring or biner etc)
    FYI: If you want to know what type a certain bear is, sneak up behind it and kick it. Then,
    run like crazy and climb up a tree. If the bear climbs the tree and eats you, it's a black
    bear. If the bear just pushes the tree over and eats you, it's a grizzly bear : )

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either, just leave me alone.
    --unknown

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    Straps, D. Buckles
    Images
    I'd be concerned that as you are adjusting your whoopie you are 'sawwing' your dogbone where they touch. Check frequently for abrasion and excess wear.
    HangCon Sign Up:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

So many trees, so little time...

Hammock
    DIY Hexon 1.0
    Tarp
    DIY Xenon Sil,
    Insulation
    3s Yeti
    Suspension
    straps & buckles
    Images
    I have also removed all of the stock hardware. I currently am using a biner from my Whoopie slide to the dog bones. I am considering using a soft shackle in place of the biner; not that much lighter, but a little bit.
    I like to put up my tree straps/whoopies first, then hang my hammock and this makes it easy.

Hammock
    wbrr/d i y speer
    Tarp
    hg 4sccc 12 foot
    Insulation
    lynx/w/logics
    Suspension
    straps /pole mod
    Im working on setting up a henessy bridge custom. On the foot end the triangle is made of two ucr' with a diamond knot on the tree hugger end. Im going from the huggers to the ucr with a 2 continuous loops. A lashing knot will hold the loop on the diamond knot.
    So far it seems to be a nice set up. Griz uses this set up,his video taught me. Seems to me the tree could be used as a foot end spreader bar.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by stevebo View Post
    Just wondering if anyone has tried this...............what if you took off the straps, the cinch buckles etc, and your ridge runner was down to just the hammock and the dog bones, and then you took a whoopie sling--do a larks head thru the ends of the dog bones----and use the traditional straps, marlin spike /toggle set up? Any problems with that? What would be the advantages? What would be the disadvantages? Just kicking an idea around!
    i considered doing this as well, even though it's generally considered a no-no simply because dyneema is so abrasion resistent, but decided against it. if anybody does this i'd urge you to take the connection apart occasionally and closely inspect the contact points to ensure they aren't wearing out the amsteel.

Hammock
    WB RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    Mamajamba
    Insulation
    NeoAir LT / DIY UQ
    Suspension
    WB webbing
    Images
    I plan to do something similar only replacing the whoopie with a length of amsteel line attached to a tree hugger. The dogbone on the hammock then just loops over a marlin-spike hitch in the amsteel. Haven't tried it yet, but don't see why it wouldn't work.

Like this thread only replace the toggle with a MSH.
    http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=67295

Hammock
    WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images
    As I modified the BMBH UL and cut everything off it and did a Professor Hammock total modifcation to the UL bridge hammock, I can see no purpose other than modifying the suspension triangle to the RR. Any body got any pics of their modifications as I find the RR to perfect to modify for a few ozs of savings in the weight catagorie. You have me a loss as to what your modifying.
    2nd CAG, CAP 2-1-5 5th Marines, 1st Mar. Div.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combined_Action_Program

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast