Quote Originally Posted by dakotaross View Post
For those using sleeping bags with UQs, keep in mind that the enclosed sleeping bag is somewhat subversive to what the UQ offers. In theory, the UQ and TQ are like a sleeping bag with you and the hammock in between. So, if you've got a nice, expensive UQ, definitely drape the sleeping bag so that you're lying directly on the UQ. Otherwise, you're adding another layer, however "crushed" it might be, between you and the efficient insulating properties of the UQ.

Keep in mind that its your body heat that makes these things work. An enclosed sleeping bag is designed to trap that heat, the same heat that is supposed to be making the UQ cozy for you.
I don't see how this would be an issue. I'd rather keep as much heat as close to me as possible. Besides, if the sleeping bag were insulating enough on the bottom for this to be an issue than you wouldn't need an UQ anyway. That just doesn't make sense. Either the sleeping bag is insulating on the bottom and keeping that heat close to your body, which is good, or it's not and it is a non-issue. This is like the guys that will tell you that wearing clothes in a sleeping bag detracts from the insulative properties...