Question Help with New Hammock Set-Up?

I received a new Trek Light Gear Double hammock that I intended to setup in my bedroom as a bed replacement. I have read many of the threads here on hammock indoor set up and was excited to get started. Much to my dismay I found today that I have metal studs and am unable to mount to the walls.

Plan B might be to install eye bolts from the ceiling and connect to those but my ceiling is 9.5' high and with a room width of 12 feet the hang angle won't be right. I intend to sleep at an angle to flatten out the hammock if I can.

I also looked at some of the DIY hammock frames and looked for pre-made ones on the web but nothing has stuck out to me. Of course I probably didn't see alot of them.

Not sure what to do next. I guess I may be hosed and just need to return it but I would sure like to make this work somehow. Any ideas before I give up on it?

Thanks in advance.

Hammock
    currently hammeck envy
    Tarp
    superfly, tadpole
    Insulation
    phnx,zepp,jbrdge
    Suspension
    straps, hammock an
    Turtle dog stand in the diy section. Also hpyfnguy (?) Has instructions in his tagline. You can also swearch pipe stand which for me out of home depot would cost about 100$ if ur room is only 12 at its widest you might want the pipe stand or go diagnolly. Also w 9' ceilings u can go w 10 pipe cut to 7+3 ft pcs
    It's not the boulders that throw us off balance, it's the pebbles beneath our feet

Smile

Thanks for helping. Actually the pipe stand looks like it has potential for my situation. I'm going to look into it further and see if I can build one to suit my needs. Glad I asked.

Hammock
    Dangerbird, (custom) thanks Papa
    Tarp
    10x10 DIY
    Insulation
    DIY insultex.
    Suspension
    Woopie, UCR
    1+ on the turtle dog stand. 12' is to short for a 9' anchor. Welcome and happy hanging.

• + New Posts