DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Hex
    Insulation
    HG:Burrow/Incubato
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    HG ROCKS!!!

I have had a completely different experience with HG than you did. My first UQ i bought from them I wanted in red....I like red!! I called HG and Adam answered, in 2 rings. I told him I wanted it in red and we worked out a plan. He said he would send me an invoice via email. I wrote their address down wrong as to where to send my M50 in red for the UQ so I called back. Adam answered in 2 rings, verified the address. I did not receive an invoice after a few hours so I called back....again. Wow I am annoying. Adam answered again in 2 rings. He had wrote down my email wrong and we verified it and i got the email as I was talking to him on the phone. If I was him, I would have been screening my calls by now...just saying.

I later ordered another UQ for Trooper (my son) and a Cuben Tarp on the black Friday sale. Both came faster then expected with quality un-measured.

For me.....their customer service has been 1st class and their product is even better. They will get all of my down and cuben biz and I would not hesitate to order from them if you are thinking about it based off this thread. Not saying this did not happen, but I would say it is the exception and not the rule.

Hammock
    DIY, WBBB & Switchback
    Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY 3/4 UQ/TQ, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide / Dutch
    Images
    Purchasing from the cottage industry is different, mostly in very positive ways. But, being micro sized operations, there is no cushion to absorb unexpected events. HammockGear had a staffing hiccup just when an "all too successful" sale hit like a tsunami.

I also believe some email/messages sent directly through their website portal vanished into cyber-space. These operations don't have an IT department.

I make some of my gear (not on their quality level) but I know what it takes. Believe me, no one is getting rich quick in the cottage industry.

I feel sorry for HammockGear in this case as I know their heart is in the right place and I firmly believe this situation is painful for them. After all, it's called "growing pains" for a reason!

I am certain that they will learn from this and emerge stronger and better. I have traded emails with Adam about a future purchase for myself and although they have obviously hit a few bumps, my faith in them is solid and I already have my money set aside for that purchase.

I also know the tingling anticipation of waiting for delivery of new gear and feel for any of those who have experienced delays.
    Mike
    "Life is a Project!"

Hammock
    DIY
    Images

Ease off

Adam and Jenny,

Please ease off a bit. When (if) I go into business, like Leighlo I will only sell from existing stock (no orders!), and my motto will be "The customer is often wrong."

Oh yeah, also raise your prices.

Hammock
    WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images
    Blame this on the full moon for tomorrow nite.
    2nd CAG, CAP 2-1-5 5th Marines, 1st Mar. Div.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combined_Action_Program

Hammock
    DIY, BB, Snipe
    Tarp
    HG
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Dutch n whoops
    Images
    Thank goodness for cottage makers like HG. There is no where else to get high quality technical products....and we as backpackers and hangers expect a lot. We want the lightest weight, perfectly fitted and designed, best performing things that exist. We'd like to have them ASAP. So many makers have come to my aid when I said...."Uh...any way I can have it for next week's hang?" And my precious package shows up, ahead of time, and all I can ever say is "thank you so much for going beyond the call." Every piece of gear I buy now comes from someone like Adam and Jenny. They are experts in their field, just like Dutch and Mountaingoat, and so many others. We see them on the trail, at special events like Trail Days, or if they think they can break away...at a hang getting some deserved R&R. My wish today is to recognize those that feed our gear hunger, and I'm glad to call many my friends. I know every experience can't be a positive one. Sometimes life is frustrating that way. I respect other opinions, and appreciate the patience shown in resolution of matters disagreeable.
    At the end of the day, I have been well served by the purveyors of fine, custom made gear. My good experiences give me much faith in all of our Cottage Makers.

Home Run

Hammock
    DIY Table Cloth/ Jerry 5
    Tarp
    11x12' Hex Sil
    Insulation
    Various UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Webbing or Etrunks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by WV View Post
    Adam and Jenny,

Please ease off a bit. When (if) I go into business, like Leighlo I will only sell from existing stock (no orders!), and my motto will be "The customer is often wrong."

Oh yeah, also raise your prices.
    In stock custom work? That would require telepathy!

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG TQ,UQ, DIY
    Suspension
    Whoopies or rings
    Top notch gear made to order, repair policy second to none and some awesome people on top of that. I will give them my business any day along with other cottage vendors because no matter how bad it may be it will never be as bad as going to a big box store. IMHO
    "I love not man the less, but Nature more."
    Byron

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 or BIAS WWM
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    Tewa, Speer, H.G.
    Suspension
    whoopie
    Images
    Don't tell them to raise prices, then I really will never get one!
    "In seed time learn, in harvest teach, in winter enjoy." -D'Signore's, Tide Mill Farm, Edmunds, Maine.

Hammock
    DIY
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by packeagle View Post
    In stock custom work? That would require telepathy!
    That's an oxymoron. Besides, I doubt that I would offer custom work. I can't keep up with my own wild ideas, much less entertain anybody else's.

Hammock
    DIY Table Cloth/ Jerry 5
    Tarp
    11x12' Hex Sil
    Insulation
    Various UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Webbing or Etrunks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by WV View Post
    That's an oxymoron. Besides, I doubt that I would offer custom work. I can't keep up with my own wild ideas, much less entertain anybody else's.
    Run your business how you wish. I just got a mental image of HG trying to stock peoples custom orders. It gave me a chuckle.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast