I added the Supplex reinforcements to reduce stress on those tie out points, but they way that the webbing is sewn on it gives the side tie out points a very triangular shape when staked out. You can kinda see what I mean from the picture or the tie outs in the first post.
I hope to get some pics of it hanging this weekend and I will take some close-up photos to show you what I mean. Another reason the side tie outs were put on the way that I did is so I can go back and add the zipper to the Supplex side.
I will probably add a little reinforcement to the corners of the top covers I will make also.
I also called Outdoor Wilderness Fabrics and talked to them about zippers. The said that a tooth zipper would be best for this project. I was told that coil zippers are smoother and do better with corners, but they can clog with debris and are much more likely to freeze.
I decided on using a 2-Way separating zipper which mean I can unzip from either end of the hammock. Each side of my hammock is 101" but the longest zipper the have is 100". It's gonna be cutting it close but I think a small patch of Omni tape on each end to help seal everything up. The smallest size they have in a 100" tooth zipper is a #5. I would like to go with a #3 to save weight. The zippers at OWF are about 12.00 each and I am going to need 4 zippers if I am making 2 different top covers. OUCH.