Last night at the NJ Winter Hang I finally got to test my gear in some cold snowy weather. Over night temp was 8 degrees, the inside temperature of the sock was 25.3 (my thermometer is +3 degrees and read 28.3). I stayed surprisingly warm, but there was a whole lot of frost inside my Winter Sock. I had the sock ventilated, but maybe there was just lots of moisture in the air over night. At around 4:30 am nature called and that's when I discovered I was sleeping in a frost cave. When I exited the sock, I noticed that my tarp had just as much frost underneath as did the sock. When I returned to the hammock I slid the sock off and climbed back in. Even with the sock out of the way I managed to stay warm.

My overnight setup

Tarp: Warbonnet Mamajamba
Winter Sock: Dream Hammock
Hammock: Travel Hammock Ultra Light
Under Quilt: KAQ New River Three Season
Top Quilt: KAQ Oywhee Three Season
Additional Insulatio: Foam Pad and 40 Degree Sleeping bag

After setting up the Hammock and underquilt, I laid the foam pad inside the hammock, I then tucked the top quilt into the 40 degree bag. I wore a pair of wool socks, two layers of thermal pants and my fleece pajama bottoms. For the upper torso two layers of thermals and my fleece hoodie. For my head I had a buff, a balaclava and my my hoodie. My hands were tucked under the underquilt / sleeping bag combo. I wound up using my down coat as a pillow.