The, I guess "official" Ohio hang if you want to call it that is technically still going on between Homemade Hiker and treeslayer. The rest of us bailed today after various and sundry excuses were made. To rewind a bit, my wife and I showed up in the general vicinity of Mohican State Park at around 5. We drove around for a while before we found the right road to get to the Ranger Station to register. Having found the kiosk and registered, we made our way to the parking lot where we ran into Homemadehiker. He was using a home made pulk. Really a cool setup, but it needed more snow to truly shine. We hiked in to site 10 to find BrotherJeffrey sitting by a pile of wood and a very welcoming fire.
After making introductions, we (my Wife and I) went to find a couple of trees for me and a flat spot of ground for her. We got set up and rejoined the camp fire. Later on, Bannerstone, Luke, Tendertoe and HamMike all showed up, got set up and got dinner started. Homemade brought an awesome Chili, Bannerstone brought ribs, and Tendertoe brought in a great potato cheese soup. My wife brought chocolate banana bread for dessert. We all stayed up until around 11pm before heading to bed. Next day (today) we got up and had some breakfast. Then the gear-gawking began. People were interested in seeing my Warbonnet set up, Tendertoe especially seemed curious. I tried to warn him, but he wouldn't listen and got in. Now he's seemingly hooked! We packed up shortly after and took a short hike over to visit the USBC guys who had invited us to stop by. They had a nice fire and were swapping knives around and stories. Nice group of guys. We, short of homemade hiker who we guiltily abandoned, took off to investigate sites 1,2 and 3 for future hang prospects. We were thwarted on all the accounts by a stream. After the grueling climb back up the switchback hill, we headed to Trail's Edge Pizza for lunch. Following lunch, we headed our separate ways. Great time, I learned a lot and was prompted to part with enough money to buy a HG TQ! Looking forward to getting out again soon!