Wife Made
    Tarp
    Wife Made
    Insulation
    Wife Made
    Suspension
    Whoopie

January Ohio Hang (part of it anyway)

The, I guess "official" Ohio hang if you want to call it that is technically still going on between Homemade Hiker and treeslayer. The rest of us bailed today after various and sundry excuses were made. To rewind a bit, my wife and I showed up in the general vicinity of Mohican State Park at around 5. We drove around for a while before we found the right road to get to the Ranger Station to register. Having found the kiosk and registered, we made our way to the parking lot where we ran into Homemadehiker. He was using a home made pulk. Really a cool setup, but it needed more snow to truly shine. We hiked in to site 10 to find BrotherJeffrey sitting by a pile of wood and a very welcoming fire.
    After making introductions, we (my Wife and I) went to find a couple of trees for me and a flat spot of ground for her. We got set up and rejoined the camp fire. Later on, Bannerstone, Luke, Tendertoe and HamMike all showed up, got set up and got dinner started. Homemade brought an awesome Chili, Bannerstone brought ribs, and Tendertoe brought in a great potato cheese soup. My wife brought chocolate banana bread for dessert. We all stayed up until around 11pm before heading to bed. Next day (today) we got up and had some breakfast. Then the gear-gawking began. People were interested in seeing my Warbonnet set up, Tendertoe especially seemed curious. I tried to warn him, but he wouldn't listen and got in. Now he's seemingly hooked! We packed up shortly after and took a short hike over to visit the USBC guys who had invited us to stop by. They had a nice fire and were swapping knives around and stories. Nice group of guys. We, short of homemade hiker who we guiltily abandoned, took off to investigate sites 1,2 and 3 for future hang prospects. We were thwarted on all the accounts by a stream. After the grueling climb back up the switchback hill, we headed to Trail's Edge Pizza for lunch. Following lunch, we headed our separate ways. Great time, I learned a lot and was prompted to part with enough money to buy a HG TQ! Looking forward to getting out again soon!

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner or a gathered-end
    Tarp
    Waterproof
    Insulation
    Down underquilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Sounds like a good trip, though short. What were the reasons people bailed? Colder than expected, not a good campsite, or ?

I would have loved to check out that WB rig. Looks comfy. Maybe I can make the next one.
    --Scott <><

"I fish because I love to; because I love the environs where trout are found, which are invariably beautiful... because, in a world where most men seem to spend their lives doing things they hate, my fishing is at once an endless source of delight and an act of small rebellion; because trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience...." --Robert Traver

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 Dbl xlc
    Tarp
    HG cuben
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Dutch bkls
    Thanks Alex, good report, enjoyed meeting you, your wife and Loki. Hope we get tothe hang again soon.

David

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Luke's LB HG hex
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    SlingRings/Straps
    Images
    Great rehash CB! I think most had only planned on doin one night. Looking forward to spending a couple nights on those other sites.
    "He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Please check out the link below to show your love for hammocks!www.zazzle.com/hammocklife

Images
    Nice TR CB Great picts thanks.
    Snow on the tarp cool what temps did you guys have?

Hammock
    Anything hanging in the living room
    Man, sorry we missed it. We got grounded at the shop working on system issues. Glad it worked out great, and can't wait to meet you all at the next one!

Hammock
    kbwaddy
    Tarp
    valesko
    Insulation
    ahurst
    Suspension
    dutch
    thanks for the chilled ohio post.

oh familiar woods,,,,, i would have persuaded you all to stay!
    "Jeff-Becking"

DOWNTOWN BROWN!!!!

• + New Posts