I recently had a two day hike in snowy and wet weather. On both days my sleeping bag and hammock got wet under the tarp. I had drip lines in place both nights unless they were ineffective.
- 3x3 DD Tarp - set up in v shape
- DD camping hammock
- Thermarest ridgerest solite
- Sungpak sleeping bag
- Weather was snowing, then turned to constant wet from the dripping snow above
- Both end of my hammock and sleeping bag got wet on both ends
- There was a light mist coming from the tarp underside which made the top of my sleeping bag wet
- Weather was just raining
- Both ends of hammock and sleeping bag got wet again
- Bottom of hammock and underside sleeping bag got wet
- No misting this time
Also any ideas to keep backpack off the ground under the tarp apart from attaching to hammock.
I dont like being wet in the winter, hope you can help.