Insulation
    GoLite, Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359500184.336654.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359500214.903454.jpg

Elysse and I had a great time. Just wish Gresh didn't hate me

Btw-Love my guest appearance in the vid MedicineMan
    Last edited by doc; 01-29-2013 at 18:02.

Hammock
    Eno DL, Deep Jungle XL, Kammock Roo
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ quilts!!!
    Suspension
    Whoopies and web
    doc everytime i see you post all i can think is this

Give a man fire and he's warm for the night.
    Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life. Dante

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Dangerbird
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ Full Set
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by doc View Post
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359500184.336654.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359500214.903454.jpg

Elysse and I had a great time. Just wish Gresh didn't hate me

Btw-Love my guest appearance in the vid MedicineMan
    Awww, I can't stay mad at you, Doc. Hug it out?
    I used to be a somebody, now I just camp.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Fun to watch the video fro MedicineMan. I sure miss drawls. My family is from Enoree, SC. Made me pine for those piney woods. And those were piney woods ya'll were hanging in.
    Fun to match HF monikers with faces.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    BIAS XL Camper, ENO DN
    Tarp
    12x10 WL tarp
    Insulation
    Junebug quilts
    Suspension
    WS, TH, ET
    Images

Lol that was just my leg shield for my kilt.
    Life looks better from a BIAS hammock.

Hammock
    90"x11' DIY Tablecloth
    Tarp
    UGQ WinterDream 11
    Insulation
    SnuggleBug
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch buckle
    I have a very few pics that I took that I will post hopefully tomorrow. I'll post my take on the hang then, also. MB, that's the biggest sporran I've ever seen!
    Just me being me

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Palmetto State Hangers Treasurer <--Facebook Group Page
    [COLOR="#008000"][SIZE=2]SC Fall Sprawl 2016-Santee State Park - October 13-16---->

Hammock
    DIY Gathered end
    Tarp
    DIY (big ugly)
    Insulation
    Layers of 1/8&quot; ccf
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    Fun to watch the video fro MedicineMan. I sure miss drawls. My family is from Enoree, SC. Made me pine for those piney woods. And those were piney woods ya'll were hanging in.
    Fun to match HF monikers with faces.
    Shug
    Ha. I knew you had to have some upstate State Carolina in you from somewhere.
    My wife's job is taking her to Enores today. She's ther once a week.

Hammock
    90&quot;x11' DIY Tablecloth
    Tarp
    UGQ WinterDream 11
    Insulation
    SnuggleBug
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch buckle

Smile A few pics and my thoughts

I have been looking forward to this hang since its conception back in October when several of us spent 4 days at Sesqui for a mid-week hang. Leading up to my hip surgery and during my recovery, I focused my thoughts on getting back into these piney woods with my friends. Originally, I thought I would be off the crutches by the hang, but when I awoke from surgery, I was told that the doc had done more extensive repair work and that I would be on crutches for 6 weeks. I have to say, my heart sank! I was afraid that I might not be able to attend...and I wanted nothing more than to be here. I was a good patient and rested...even though I hate sitting still long...and when I went back for my check-up, the doc said I could go camping even on crutches!!! I was ecstatic! I just want to say, I have the best friends a BUG could ask for. All of you telling me to just get myself here and y'all would take care of getting my gear set up and help me get around made it possible for me to be here.

So, Friday morning, we made our way from Greenwood to Sesqui...trying to get ahead of the bad weather as my husband was dropping me off and heading back home. We arrived around 11:15am and were greeted by several who had already arrived. This was the first time Pat was able to meet any of the guys, except for Gladius whom he had already met. We visited for awhile, then Pat headed back home and I chatted with everyone for awhile. Some of us went to get some BBQ, then REV, Cowboy and I took a quick trip to D.I.C.K.'s for winter gear. After returning to camp, Baja and Cowboy helped set up my hammock and gear. THANK YOU SO MUCH!
    We got some freezing rain which looked really cool on the tarps...made them glisten. It got down to 18 degrees!!! Definitely, frozen butt weather! Other hangers arrived throughout the afternoon and evening.
    REV, Cowboy, Paulie (Racin), Killing Kangaroos, and I went to dine on some juicy steaks at Texas Roadhouse. The rest of the evening was spent around the campfire keeping warm and enjoying each other's company. I decided to make some hot cocoa and brought out my butane stove for a quick cup...that was until MBcuzin says from across the campfire, "You're not going to use that noisy thing, are you?!?!?" FINE! I threw it back in the bag and pulled out an akly stove..filled it with alky and waited and waited and waited for it to bloom out...with the help of several hangers trying to help. Finally, I tossed that one and pulled out another alky stove...filled it with alky, tried to light it with a fire striker, knocked the stove over spilling the alky...filled it again...got it lit, bloomed...got the pot on and waited and waited...finally, I pretty much gave up and walked...well, hobbled off! When I came back, I finally had some cocoa...about 30 minutes after I first began!!! THANKS, MB! I could have had it in 3 minutes with my "loud" stove! HAHAHA!
    Around midnight, I headed to bed, but just couldn't seem to get warm. Finally, I could take it no longer and got up to see if I could get some more gear. I will forever be grateful that Gresh, Chops, Paulie and thenumbersix were still up at the campfire. Gresh walked all the way to the parking lot to get a thick mummy bag for me to use. Six had an extra underquilt we doubled up mine with and Paulie was making some noodles and shared a bowl with me. After getting some warm food in my belly and the guys helping get my hammock squared away with more gear, I settled back in and quickly fell asleep...warm and toasty.

Morning was cold, but nothing says camp like cooking some breakfast in the woods! I broke out the bacon spam, which disappeared almost as quickly as Paulie's bacon did. Other wonderful aromas wafted through the air. Later, more of us went back for round 2 of BBQ. I spent the rest of the afternoon visiting around the campfire and preparing my cowboy stew. We all filled our bellies with several stews that were made and hot dogs. Later, we had the honeybun cakes that I had made for REV and Paulie's birthdays.
    Gladius entertained up with fire explosions!!! Earlier, he had arranged for two truck loads of wood to be delivered. We had such an awesome campfire all evening! Lots of laughter for hours on end made the evening awesome!

I turned in around midnight and headed to my setup. I thought I had everything I needed, sat down in the hammock, discovered I needed something from my backpack, heaved myself up on the crutches, shuffled over on my very crinkly welcome mat, retrieved the item, sat back in the hammock only to discover I forgot something else! Um...that happened about 5 times...resulting in REV informing me the next morning that I need a quieter mat!!! I'll be looking to replace that one before the next hang! FINALLY, I had everything I needed...then the hammock wrestling ensued. I fought with everything in there!!! Let's just say that inside-out linings in mummy bags are hard to get stuffed back in while laying in a hammock. At one point, I threw myself back and let out a loud sigh/groan/GRRR. Apparently, I later found out, this made REV think a bobcat had come up in camp!!! Finally, I got out of the hammock and tried, while balancing on crutches, to straighten everything out! I got back in the hammock, inside both mummy bags and quickly went to dreamland. I only awoke ONE TIME that night...this was a record!!! Best night in a hammock so far to date!

Sunday morning, we awoke to 30 degrees. We took a group picture by Medicineman before some had to head out early. More cooked meats for breakfast...bacon spam, black pepper spam, onion sausage...YUM! We even reheated the cowboy stews and munched on them. Clean up and breaking camp began. A big THANK YOU to Paulie for helping me take down and pack up all my gear...especially stuffing everything in all the sacks!

I want to say THANK YOU to REV for planning this hang. I'm sorry you were sick, but I'm glad you made it through and had as much fun as you could while feeling so badly.

Also, a huge THANK YOU to Cowboy, my jeep taxi driver, who made life so much easier for me by taking me countless times to the bathhouse and to town.

I had such a great time at this hang. I loved every second of getting to spend time with my best friends and getting to make new friends. You guys simply ROCK!!!

Now for some pics! I only took a few since I couldn't get around with a camera. I am so glad Medicineman made the video so we have such an awesome record of the hang!

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Junebugdawn; 01-30-2013 at 23:58.
    Just me being me

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Palmetto State Hangers Treasurer <--Facebook Group Page
    [COLOR="#008000"][SIZE=2]SC Fall Sprawl 2016-Santee State Park - October 13-16---->

Hammock
    Eno DL, Deep Jungle XL, Kammock Roo
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ quilts!!!
    Suspension
    Whoopies and web
    awesome. pneumonia really sucks...
    Give a man fire and he's warm for the night.
    Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life. Dante

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Dangerbird
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ Full Set
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Images
    REV's plague scared him out of winter hanging permanently.
    I used to be a somebody, now I just camp.

• + New Posts
  • Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast