Hammeck Netty
    Tarp
    HG dyneema/MacCat
    Insulation
    DIY UQ and UGQ TQ
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images

Post TN> Seventh Annual WhiteBlaze Nashville Winter Dinner Saturday, February 23, 2013

Seventh Annual WhiteBlaze (and HF) Nashville Winter Dinner
    Saturday, February 23, 2013

Here's the itinerary (you are welcome to any or all of the activities):

2:00 - for those who would like, and if someone will volunteer to lead?-- a hike at Radnor Lake State Natural Area. Details to be announced. I need one or more volunteers to be in charge of this for me, please.

5:00 - Dinner at Ruby Tuesday next door to REI in Brentwood. RSVPs are very helpful, so I can tell Ruby Tuesday how many to expect.

7:00 - Presentation next door at REI by Tony Hook, Executive Director of the Cumberland Trail Conference. The Cumberland Trail runs from Chattanooga, TN to Cumberland Gap, KY, parallel to the Appalachian Trail. It is a part of the Great Eastern Trail system that will ultimately offer an alternative long-distance trail in the eastern USA, to the Appalachian Trail.

Questions? Volunteers? Complaints? Anyone needing a place to stay? Anyone offering a place to stay for out-of-towners?

Here is the address (and phone number) for the Nashville REI (Ruby Tuesday is next door)--
    261 Franklin Road
    Brentwood, TN 37027
    (615) 376-4248

Check this thread for changes and updates, which I'll post if necessary.

I'm looking forward to seeing whoever is able to attend. Last year we had three dozen for dinner. Nothing like getting together for good food and yakking with fellow AT hikers and hammockers. Well, except for hiking and hanging!

Rain Man
    "You can stand tall without standing on someone. You can be a victor without having victims." --Harriet Woods

http://www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker

Rainman, I will miss this year Previous commitment. Sorry to miss out on the Cumberland Trail info.

Hammock
    DD modular jungle hammock
    Tarp
    wilderness logics
    Insulation
    wilderness logics
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Images
    hey rain man i can make the dinner,but i cant make the radnor lake hike because i dont get off work till 2:45neo
    the matrix has you

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 dbl + TTTG Switchback
    Tarp
    OES SpinnUL 11x10
    Insulation
    Nest, Hudson River
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Stingerz
    Rain Man,

Thanks for the reminder. I needed an excuse to get to Nashville. Should be able to make dinner and after dinner exercise.
    Rockdawg69

It's a long way to the top if you want to Rock and Roll ----- those hills!!!

Professional Prevaricator: Part-time dealer in Yarns, Tales, Half-Truths, & Outright Lies -1st half-hour session at no cost (Lawyers and Doctors excepted).

Hammock
    Hammeck Netty
    Tarp
    HG dyneema/MacCat
    Insulation
    DIY UQ and UGQ TQ
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    Beth, we will miss you! Neo and Rockdawg, it'll be good to see y'all.

I just spent the weekend hiking the Tennessee River Gorge segment of the Cumberland Trail, so look forward to hearing Tony Hook talk more about the whole CT.

For those of you who believe "no pics = it didn't happen," here's a link to photo album of the hike--
    Tennesse Gorge Segment hike on the Cumberland Trail, near Chattanooga, Tennessee.

Also, folks sign up for the annual dinner on here, on WhiteBlaze, and on the Nashville Backpacker Meetup.com site.

Rain Man

"You can stand tall without standing on someone. You can be a victor without having victims." --Harriet Woods

Hammock
    Tarp
    OES SpinnUL 11x10
    Insulation
    Nest, Hudson River
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Stingerz
    Nice pics and it did happen Rain Man. Is that the segment down below Chattanooga?
    Rockdawg69

Professional Prevaricator: Part-time dealer in Yarns, Tales, Half-Truths, & Outright Lies -1st half-hour session at no cost (Lawyers and Doctors excepted).

Hammock
    Hammeck Netty
    Tarp
    HG dyneema/MacCat
    Insulation
    DIY UQ and UGQ TQ
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockdawg69 View Post
    Nice pics and it did happen Rain Man. Is that the segment down below Chattanooga?
    Actually, it's "north" of Chattanooga (perhaps "west"). The Cumberland Trail starts at Signal Point on Signal Mountain, which is west and north a bit of Chattanooga.

Below Chattanooga would be ... Georgia!

Rain Man

Hammock
    Tarp
    OES SpinnUL 11x10
    Insulation
    Nest, Hudson River
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Stingerz
    Guess I should have said NW to west. There is a trail in the state forest down river from Signal Mountain that ties to Signal Mountain. I did some of that 10 years ago in October - dry, dry, dry. Only water was way, way down the ridge. Almost thirsted to death out there. See you next week.
    Rockdawg69

Hammock
    Hammeck Netty
    Tarp
    HG dyneema/MacCat
    Insulation
    DIY UQ and UGQ TQ
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockdawg69 View Post
    ... There is a trail in the state forest down river from Signal Mountain that ties to Signal Mountain. I did some of that 10 years ago in October - dry, dry, dry. Only water was way, way down the ridge. Almost thirsted to death out there. See you next week.
    I'm guessing you're thinking of Prentice Cooper Wildlife Management Area, which is downriver (west) from Signal Point and which does tie-in to Signal Point with the trail we hiked last weekend.

We had and crossed lots of water this time of year.

Prentice Cooper has two loop trails that form a figure-8, the Pot Point Loop and the Murrell Cove Loop. I did them one winter about 3 or 4 years ago. We finished at the parking area on the Murrell Cove Loop last Sunday.

See you soon!

Rain Man

Hammock
    Hammeck Netty
    Tarp
    HG dyneema/MacCat
    Insulation
    DIY UQ and UGQ TQ
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images

Saturday's dinner and Cumberland Trail REI presentation

Well, looks like the turn-out may be low this year, but we'll have fun anyway! REI is posting the Cumberland Trail presentation themselves, since it's in their "community room."

Between here on Hammock Forums, and on WhiteBlaze, and the Nashville Backpacker meetup group, and REI, we should have a nice little group! And, as in past years, a few extras (always welcome) are able to show up last minute. Spread the word.

Rain Man

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast