Quote Originally Posted by Demeter View Post
Incredible photos. Loved the full moon, tarp, and the female cardinal. The males get the flashy colors, but they are just the prettiest birds. Maybe i like them because they are one of the few birds (other than obnoxious geese and mockingbirds) tough enough to stick around during winter...
We were very surprised to see them come into the site, Blackcaps will land on you and try to steal your lunch but Cardinals and Blue Jays don’t like humans and tend to keep their distance. Since Valens is a popular Car/tent RV Camping location during the regular season, we only go in the winter when attendance is low but it’s clear that these birds are hand/feeder feed most of the year…this makes them desperate when their food source packs it in for the winter.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
Love the see through tarp pic. I still want to wipe myself with that tarp.
Wipe Yourself!!! Let’s do the math on that. Given that the average price for Cuban is around $26 per square yard and the average TP sheet is 4”x4” its works out to 32 cents per sheet, on average, there are 500 sheets per roll…SO…A roll of Cuban Fiber TP would cost about $160. In summation, I’d keep squeezing the Charmin if I were you!

Ps…Just in case you forget Charmin on the next group hang, I’m looking into how to modify a “Car Alarm” for tarp use!
Quote Originally Posted by chetter72 View Post
I love your Photography!! they make me want to go hang right now!! Amazing!!
Quote Originally Posted by FireInMyBones View Post
Wonderful works of art. Love the lighted tarp effect. Well done and a fun trip report. Thanks for sharing.
Quote Originally Posted by nothermark View Post
Great shots, looks like fun trip. Thanks!
Thanks!