Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Blackbird XLC

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfoot2 View Post
    Brandon,
    Any plans for a Blackbird XLC in 1.0 or 1.1 SINGLE layer (or even a lightweight version)?

BF
    we can do a single 1.1xlc, just email me about it, same price as single 1.7 xlc

Quote Originally Posted by body942 View Post
    Ditto! Hoping to use it this weekend!
    Alright you guys! Let the slobbering begin.

Im still several days out I suppose.

Hammock
    WBBB-XLC Multicam 1.7 double
    Tarp
    WB Superfly w/door
    Insulation
    R-11
    Suspension
    Over the Shoulder
    Valentine's Day ........... seems like a long time ago but really it wasn't. I have had the XLC out 4 or 5 times and each time I get happier and happier with my decision to sell my "regular" blackbird and get the XLC. This past weekend we had temps that dropped into the low 40s with MONSTER winds.

When we arrived at camp with 80 degree, sunny afternoon, Texas weather. Texas weather being key here and another XLC purchase reason. I was thinking that I might zip on my bug net for the night. But then I started thinking about the wind and how comfortable it would be with the "C" top on and blocking the wind. No rain coming so the "C" top and the double layer should knock off the wind, right?

We pulled back into camp from fishing just a little after 2 in the morning. Chilly, chilly and WINDY. My decision to keep the "C" top on was a right one. No worries about fighting a tarp because of the wind, I have an BBXLC! With that I climbed in, tucked in and fell asleep listening to the wind howling through the river bottom only to have the morning light interrupt my snoring.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC DL 1.1
    Tarp
    Superfly, OES, HG
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Stock
    Images
    Got mine in today, exactly what I expected. Kudos to Brandon on another awesome hammock...I'm keeping this one for good

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    DIY Silnylon
    Insulation
    DIY climashield UQ
    Suspension
    whoopie slings

Blackbird XLC

As I only have 33 posts, I can not sell my 11' XTC double in 1.7, but as soon as I do, I will be putting it in the market place. I don't think double layer hammocks are for me. I have no complaints. If I can answer any question, I will be happy so.

Sorry new to blogging. I have a question on the XLC. Is that a better hammock for taller people as well. I am 6'2", 215lbs and it seems that the XLC would work great. The only hammock that I have at the time is a ENO Doublenest. I really don't get to use it very often because my kids never let me in it. HAHA. So I am looking into getting them both a hammock at well. I have heard the blackbird is a great hammock and have yet to try it out. Just trying to get the best out of my buck. I am tired of setting up the hammock with slings that are not attached, then adding a bug net, then a tarp (which i still have to find). Would like to simplify the poccess. Any help would be great. Thank all

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.1DL
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    PLUQ
    Quote Originally Posted by lenniusmc View Post
    Sorry new to blogging. I have a question on the XLC. Is that a better hammock for taller people as well. I am 6'2", 215lbs and it seems that the XLC would work great. The only hammock that I have at the time is a ENO Doublenest. I really don't get to use it very often because my kids never let me in it. HAHA. So I am looking into getting them both a hammock at well. I have heard the blackbird is a great hammock and have yet to try it out. Just trying to get the best out of my buck. I am tired of setting up the hammock with slings that are not attached, then adding a bug net, then a tarp (which i still have to find). Would like to simplify the poccess. Any help would be great. Thank all
    A big selling point for me was the extra foot of material because I'm 6'5", 210 lbs. According to Brandon ( the dude that runs warbonnet AKA "warbonnetguy" on this forum) he said the XLC should be okay for someone up to 7 feet tall.... I can say that I fit very well in the XLC with a little extra room. Its great for the taller hammocker! If you're camping with the family, you won't beat WBBB XLC for comfort and easy of use. Just watch the set up videos and remember to get a 30 degree hang and you're good.
    Last edited by Derek222; 04-02-2013 at 14:33.

Derek222 Thankyou so much. That is a lot of help. If you don't mind me asking which model did you pick. The single or doulbe layer and what max weight system? I always seem to go for the max weight capable, but wondering if that is really needed. All I am concerned about is if my wife wanted to sit down with me or if my sleeping system would bring me over the edge in colder weather. I live at 7500 ft and go to about 8000ft to camp. The weather changes all the time in New Mexcio. So you have to stay on your toes. Again thanks so much for the help.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.1DL
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    PLUQ
    I went with the 1.1 double layer. The double layers are good because it gives you the option to put insulation between the layers like a sleeping pad. The double layers also increase weight range. Warbonnet offers a 1.7 double layer with a 400lbs max. Its hard to say if the blackbird would be wide enough for the both of you to lay in... Hennessy Hammocks actually advertise their Safari hammock as being a 2 person hammock with a combined weight limit of 350lbs. The safari I think only comes in a single layer but, it comes with its own rain fly. But, on the other hand, you're concerned about cold weather too. The XLC comes with both a bug net and a winter cover that are easily interchangeable but the rain fly is sold separate. Choosing a hammock is a lot of give and take...

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.1DL
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    PLUQ
    And here is the links to warbonnet and hennessy if you haven't got them already... hope this helps.
    http://www.warbonnetoutdoors.com/blackbirds.php
    http://hennessyhammock.com/catalog/#hammock

YouTube is also a great source of info. Both hennessy and warbonnet have videos on there and lots of customer reviews.
    Last edited by Derek222; 04-02-2013 at 14:29.

• + New Posts
  • Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast