Hennessy Expedition Asym Zip
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Bubble mat, ccf
    Suspension
    cinch buclkes

Superfly

I ordered a superfly from brandon and im wondering what suspension you guys use on your tarps.
    Thanks.
    Happy Hangin'

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow Dragon
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG Burrow/Phoenix
    Suspension
    Dutch Woppie Hooks
    I bounce back and forth. Last year I used a continuous ridgeline with pursik knots, and it worked pretty well for me. Though like I said I bounce back and forth...

Hammock
    WBBB XLC DL 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    0 Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    I've got one of the continuous ridgelines from Dutch (with those amazing titanium beauties on it) that has soft shackles to attach to the tarp's rings. Works great and so easy to setup and reposition the tarp if you need to.

Hammock
    Dutch Half Wit
    Tarp
    Squidbilly 1000
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    adj web, whoopies
    Images
    I have used a line tied to each end ring of the ridgeline with Dutch Flyz, then Dutch Wasps, and now I have (but not yet used) the Dutch continuous ridgeline.

I guess I like to change this up also....
    "There's not much of a learning curve with a tent. Lay on the ground and suffer; repeat as often as necessary." - Silvrsurfr

http://jnunniv.wordpress.com

Hammock
    WBRR or 11' PolyD
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    SpdrPoly Cinch Bug
    I made my own continuous ridgeline from Lash-it and Dutch Bling for my Superfly. Using a locked brummel I made a loop on each end of a 35' strand. On one end the loop has a Dutch Hook. The other end is just a spare loop in the rare event I run out of length when stringing up the tarp. I've only had to use it once but it was super handy to lark head a dogbone onto the end and have the extra length I needed. I currently use a Dutch Stingerz on the other end of the tarp for adjustment but I think I'm going to switch over to a Dutch Fleaz since I don't ever really use the carabiner function of the Stingerz anyway and just leave it attached to the split ring on my tarp. That would make my setup basically the same as Derek Hansen demonstrates in this video. I just run the CRL above the tarp and I'm set; it makes it easy to position the tarp how I want it over the hammock. It works well for me.

More so than the ridgeline, I've been playing around with the tie outs. Currently using Dutch Tarpworms and I generally really like them, but I'm considering switching to line locs since the last time I had to set up my tarp in cold weather my frozen hands weren't cooperating with the tiny Tarpworms... I'm also considering switching my guylines from Lash-it to Lawson Reflective Line as I've been known to trip on my lines in the dark... I guess to me part of the fun in hanging is tinkering with all of the different gear options. I'll readiy admit I have an addiction!

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    I really like the Tarp Flys and 1.75 Zing-It for the ridgeline (tie around trees). I use 2mm black Lawson Glowire and the small plastic Niteize Figure 9s for the guylines. I've been using the same setup on my Mamajamba for the past 3+ years.

Here it is coated in freezing rain back in February

Hammock
    SuperiorGear or Dutch netless
    Tarp
    custom pentagon
    Insulation
    down hammock or UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis
    Images
    Stingers are working nicely and I like having the V loop where my hammock suspension can go down through the middle of. I previously used a continuous ridgeline with prussiks, then cut it and was using it as separate RLs. Its a little easier to manage with the individual lines and prussiks, except when the prussiks start getting a little too tight as they tend to do over time. The stingers are just so simple, and plenty easy enough to use that I think its the way to go.
    "I wonder if anyone else has an ear so tuned and sharpened as I have, to detect the music, not of the spheres, but of earth, subtleties of major and minor chord that the wind strikes upon the tree branches. Have you ever heard the earth breathe... ?"
    - Kate Chopin

Hammock
    Snipe, Netty, Argon
    Tarp
    Tadpole, Cuben, SF
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Dutch DooDads
    Currently my favorite is a wasp and dutch hook on a continuous ridge-line made of zing-it then lawson glow line with tarp worms on the guy lines. Here is a video that may give you some additional ideas.

Visit Backpacking Adventures and submit your pictures into our monthly contest!

Check us out on YouTube or FaceBook

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    Camo SuperFly
    Insulation
    Yeti underquilt
    Suspension
    Straps
    I haven't been using a ridge line, just tying it to the tree. I've been thinking about going to a ridge line though to have a place to hang stuff...

Hammock
    10ft Dutch Nylon
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Images
    I currently run my CRL under my superfly. I'm pretty new and inexperienced to the art of Hammock camping but I have a question. Is the CRL above the tarp only for times when you do not need a bug net? (Example: If I wanted to pole mod my Superfly w/out the poles touching the fly I would have to run the CRL above the tarp. But in that case, what would I do for my bug net?)
    Anyone have experience with that?
    Pewdiddy

"It's not stupid until you try it."

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast