SLD Streamliner in 1.9 Multicam
    Tarp
    Camo SF
    Insulation
    JRB MW4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings

Had to Bail on My UQ Test!!!

Last night I got together all my gear, loaded into the pulk, and headed out into the back forty. You see I have quite a nice little spot set up back there where I enjoy spending time in the winter. I had a purpose for the evening, and that was to test out my new MW4 from JRB in the minus 27 c. weather. It took me a while to set everything up, (you can watch it later on my channel) and then I got to making fire. A two hour relax beside the heat and it was time to jump into my hammock and UQ. I was sleeping in a Canadian Forces mummy bag, and had on a base layer and a fleece layer plus my black watch toque.
    So, I am laying in my hammock listening to the sounds of the snow hitting my tarp and what sounds like a family of moose traipsing through the yard, and my lower back just won't warm up. My legs, feet and upper back are cozy warm. I feel in between the hammock and the UQ and there is a huge gap of cold air right underneath me. I climb out of my sleeping bag, which is a real pain in the buttock, and start playing with my DIY SS for the UQ. Anyways to make a long story short, I could not get the UQ to snug up against my body, and subsequently I had to bail.
    I went back out this morning, and grabbed up all my gear, took down the tarp which a nice layer of fresh snow on it, and brought everything in to thaw. I am glad I tested this out in my backyard before taking it out into the piney woods. It would have been a long cold walk back to the vehicle in the middle of the night
    I'll be posting some pics of my setup (it's nothing special) and you can always watch the video on my youtube channel. If anyone knows why I could not get my UQ positioned properly let me know, I need help with it.
    Last edited by snidetripod; 01-30-2013 at 11:57. Reason: Spelling Check and Grammar
    Check out my youtube channel. Vids about hammock camping, geocaching and outdoor fun.
    Adventures With Snide Tripod

• + New Posts