WBBB 1.7 DL/HenExpDlx/BMBH/Nano7
    Tarp
    MambaJ/OMW
    Insulation
    WinterNest/Leigh20
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    Grip Clips to pull the tarp out exactly where needed worked for me with the JRB 11X10 tarp:

This last pic shows end closed and no Grip Clip on the left, but GC on the right, for comparison.

Well, finally some one is saying it! I was beginning to think other folks ( I have one also ) RRs had magic spreader bars or something, as I had seen so few comments about folks finding them to be a challenge with their tarps, or how they had to use quite big tarps, and maybe still a challenge. I knew I had always had trouble with by BMBH, a problem I had to solve and did, and those RR bars are a lot wider. So I couldn't figure out how they were not at least as much of a problem as the BMBH. I think I asked a few times, but complaints were about non-existent except for the BMBH. But that made no sense to me, so thanks for putting it out there!
    I need to try these first, these are great! Thanks!

Hammock
    Wife Made
    Tarp
    Wife Made
    Insulation
    Wife Made
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    I bought a spinn MJ that the original owner had punched a pole end thru. I believe it was a bmbh. He fixed the hole well, but it is def damaged.
    Travel Journal: http://clackstont100.weebly.com/

Hammock
    Dutch
    Tarp
    WB
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Whoops
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Waalkes View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I have to admit I'm getting a little frustrated trying to get a tarp to work with by BMBH. I recently purchased an Old Man Winter tarp with Pole mod and this thing is huge! However, if I suspend the tarp at a height that will allow the bridge hammock bars to not touch, then it's way to high and I get a lot of wind potential around the bottom of the tarp. I'm using the stock strap suspension with the BMBH. Maybe there's too much stretch and I need to switch to whoopies? I have a lot invested in my tarps now (Spinn MJ, OMW, pole mods, etc.) and I don't want to damage them with the hammock spreader bars. I have a blackbird, traveler and HH, however, I sleep AMAZINGLY WELL in a bridge hammock! If I could just get a tarp to work with with it! If anyone has pictures of a successful setup it would be greatly appreciated!
    I've been looking at the pole-modded OMW for my WB Ridgerunner.... but this post is making me second guess myself.

Do you have the 11 or 12ft OMW? Does the pole-mod keep the ends fairly wide or does yours need to be tapered down to put enough force on the poles?

Hammock
    Tarp
    MambaJ/OMW
    Insulation
    WinterNest/Leigh20
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by StumpJumper View Post
    I've been looking at the pole-modded OMW for my WB Ridgerunner.... but this post is making me second guess myself.

Do you have the 11 or 12ft OMW? Does the pole-mod keep the ends fairly wide or does yours need to be tapered down to put enough force on the poles?
    I have the 12 ft and its a great tarp, love the pole mod. You have plenty of flexibility with the poles to get the pitch you want. Works great with all my hammocks, except the bridge. Plan to get out in better weather to play with the rigging. I think the grip clips are going to be the key. You can get the width exactly where you need it and button down the rest. You can't go wrong with this tarp though.

Hammock
    Dutch
    Tarp
    WB
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Whoops
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Waalkes View Post
    I have the 12 ft and its a great tarp, love the pole mod. You have plenty of flexibility with the poles to get the pitch you want. Works great with all my hammocks, except the bridge. Plan to get out in better weather to play with the rigging. I think the grip clips are going to be the key. You can get the width exactly where you need it and button down the rest. You can't go wrong with this tarp though.
    Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.

I'll be using this on a bridge hammock too. Can you get the doors closed with your bridge? I'm also wondering if I need to tie down that middle tie-out when the pole is installed? My preference is just two tie-outs on each side. Do you feel like the tarp is wide enough? It looks about 4" less on each side vs the superfly (which I'd considered modding).

Thanks

Hammock
    Tarp
    MambaJ/OMW
    Insulation
    WinterNest/Leigh20
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    The superfly looks like a great tarp too. Too many great options out there! No problem getting the doors closed at all with the bridge. I did stake out the middle, but I don't think I would need it, pole would stay in its sleeve. I need to get outside and mess with the setup...

Hammock
    Dutch
    Tarp
    WB
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Whoops
    Images
    Cool. I'm still looking at adding the OMW to the stable. Would appreciate anymore pics if you've got em!

Just bought my first hammock (JRB BMBH ul) from the swap here and am looking for a tarp.

Would the mamajamba w/pullouts fit the bridge? Doe anyone know if the pullouts are in the right place or should I go with a grip clip solution on a tarp without pullouts?

Hammock
    WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by staplebox View Post
    Just bought my first hammock (JRB BMBH ul) from the swap here and am looking for a tarp.

Would the mamajamba w/pullouts fit the bridge? Doe anyone know if the pullouts are in the right place or should I go with a grip clip solution on a tarp without pullouts?
    If your ordering the Mamajamba with pullouts,,just let Brandon know to space them 80" apart on each side for a bridge hammock. Other wise, they are spaced about 60-65 inches apart..but still work. I like to have my pullouts even with spreader bars,,and grip clips will suffice as well.
    2nd CAG, CAP 2-1-5 5th Marines, 1st Mar. Div.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combined_Action_Program

Hammock
    wbrr/d i y speer
    Tarp
    hg 4sccc 12 foot
    Insulation
    lynx/w/logics
    Suspension
    straps /pole mod
    I am using a 12 foot ridge line hg 4 s c c c with well place pull outs,4 of them, it works well.

I also use a superfly for when its realy cold. The sides are lower on the sf so it blocks the wind better.
    I shorten the foot end triangle on my rr to get the doors all shut up nice ,and tight. When i do this with a loose prussic knot, the spreader bar gets shortened to lessen pressure at the spreader bar.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast