I have a Hennessy Deep Jungle and a Safari and I love both of them, but I have a lot of trouble setting them up. I use the stock setup and it takes me forever to get it hung and then I frequently wind up on the ground or scant inches off of it with my dog's nose in my face in the middle of the night. I know I must not be tying the knot right but I appear to be doing what the instructions on the stuff-sack and the video on the Hennessy website says to do.

I tried to modify the setup with the method shown in this youtube video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iJTjful66M
and it totally shredded the cord necessitating a repair from the manufacturer. Hennessy customer service is excellent, but it takes many weeks to get your hammock back. This Deep Jungle has been repaired twice and the last time it took 3 months to get it back. I do not want to try anything that will damage it again.

The only thing I'd like to change would be what happens AFTER the rope comes out of the tree straps. The figure 8 knot doesn't work for me (I'm 265 pounds by the way). Could I use one of the "Dutch" clips that you guys are always talking about? I'm bad at tying knots and my fingers hurt (probably early arthritis) even in warm weather, so I don't want a complicated knot system. I have a Warbonnet Traveler and its strap and buckle system works very well and I can string my ENO's in 45 seconds or so, but I need something that will work for my Hennessy's that won't necessitate another long,costly factory repair.

I should state that the 2nd time I damaged my Deep Jungle was when I attempted to get in the side-zip and the hammock flipped and threw all 6 feet 1 inches of me through the bug net, ripping a large hole. I believe this was once again cause by the instability due to the way I hung it. The HH people were very helpful and sold me a Safari at half-price while their repairer was on his honeymoon. On the Safari, I use the bottom-entry which I know a lot of people on this listserv don't like, but seems to me to be one of the great inventions of all time!!

Can you guys help??? Please don't be TOO technical.