Hammock
    Dangerbird
    Tarp
    Zpacks Cuban
    Insulation
    3S Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I drove up Thursday to OutandBacks home, then Friday afternoon we headed up to the campground. This was to be my first winter/snow hang
    and I wanted to try some snowshoeing too, so after getting setup, I went exploring around the campground some. Hiked up the Colorado
    Trail a ways from the east campground junction and back.

Saturday I wanted to hike up to an overlook that is one of OutandBacks secret spots. He told me how to get there and off I went. After
    finding Bobs overlook, I hiked back down to the Colorado Trail and continued on down it for another mile or so. There were several
    cars in the parking lot so I figured there must be something that day hikers are hiking a short ways in to see. I came to a clearing
    and a bench, at which point the trail heads downhill, so I turned around and headed back to camp.

I think I like this snowshoeing thing and hiking in a snow covered forest is pretty cool.

As for the hammocking part of the weekend, I stayed pretty warm except for my toes Friday night. But I expected that. Saturday, Bob went
    around and inspected everyones UQs and found many were cinched up too tight, including mine. After an adjustment, Saturday nights sleep
    was much better. I lowered the head end a little more too. I think I kept sliding down toward the foot end and my feet would extend past
    what the UQ was covering. And I have to say, I would not have wanted to be without my hammock sock.

A few guys were heating water in a metal cannister to take to bed with them. Rory let me give one of his a try but I didn't seem to get
    much out of it. I found it hard to keep up with. I woke up once wondering why my pillow was so damned hard, it seemed frozen stiff.
    Come to find out, it wasn't my pillow, it was that damned cannister!

Thanks to Jory for bringing the firewood. Once we figured out how to get that hardwood to stay burning, we had some good campfires. The
    scraps of pine that Isheian brought saved our bacon until then.

In one of Bobs pictures, that's Jory pulking in his gear to find some trees, not me.

I met some new friends and learned a few things too. Thanks to everyone who attended.

Here's some video I shot.
    http://youtu.be/ZipKYndiUI8
    Last edited by trailryder42; 02-06-2013 at 12:36.

• + New Posts