Just got off the phone with John Tier aka Jack from Jacksrbetter Hammock company. His ad caught my eye in Backpacker and I went to the web site www.jacksrbetter.com. I finally found what I was looking for in a lay flat hammock sleep system. I currently have been using a Clark hammock and was very pleased with this system except for one problem. After hiking all day I wanted to be able to lay as flat as possible in different positions. The
Clark allows for different positions just not laying flat your feet are always slightly elevated and knees are locked. I was looking for a way to retrofit the foot end with a spreader bar sold from Jacksrbetter. Jack took the call personally when I told him what I had in mind he said "let me think about this and I'll get back with you". The next morning Jack called me with plans and ideas he had for making my Clark have a lay flat retrofitted foot end. Within days he had assembled and shipped his invention for me to install on my hammock. Only required me sewing 2 small tabs onto the end of the hammock which will not compromise the hammocks value or stability. When all is complete I will be posting pics. I have not had the pleasure of dealing with a more accommodating company in my past experiences. My friend purchased the complete sleep system from them and is sold on hammock camping forever. Well take care all and Hang Tight till next time.