Tenth Wonder Bivi Hornet XL
    Tarp
    DD XL 4,5x3 Coyote
    Insulation
    DD Snugpak UB
    Suspension
    Whoopies + huggers
    So the hammock arrived today :-)
    Looks very impressive, but at almost 2 kilos, it's no ultralight thing, ha ha.

So I wen't to town and picked up a Paris Expedition pulk. So now I certainly don't worry about weight anymore. Will put on it an old drag system from an Army pulk. But unceratin if I will get my fingers on it before the trip. but if so I'll just use a rope.

Not going more than 5 minutes into the woods anyway. It's just to test the kit, and make the necessary tweaks.

The hang will be saturday to sunday and will take a lot of pictures and shoot a vid for my YT channel as well. Going in early to have maximum lenth of daylight, as it starts to get dark allready at 3:30 still, and by 5 it's pitch dark outside.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1,7 dbl
    Tarp
    DIY black cat pu
    Insulation
    Warbonnet Yeti
    Quote Originally Posted by Rune View Post
    So the hammock arrived today :-)
    Looks very impressive, but at almost 2 kilos, it's no ultralight thing, ha ha.

So I wen't to town and picked up a Paris Expedition pulk. So now I certainly don't worry about weight anymore. Will put on it an old drag system from an Army pulk. But unceratin if I will get my fingers on it before the trip. but if so I'll just use a rope.

Not going more than 5 minutes into the woods anyway. It's just to test the kit, and make the necessary tweaks.

The hang will be saturday to sunday and will take a lot of pictures and shoot a vid for my YT channel as well. Going in early to have maximum lenth of daylight, as it starts to get dark allready at 3:30 still, and by 5 it's pitch dark outside.
    Have you tested the hammock yet? Nice blog on bushcraft.no, I'm looking forward to reading your report on the new sleeping system

Hammock
    Tarp
    DD XL 4,5x3 Coyote
    Insulation
    DD Snugpak UB
    Suspension
    Whoopies + huggers
    Quote Originally Posted by draugen View Post
    Have you tested the hammock yet? Nice blog on bushcraft.no, I'm looking forward to reading your report on the new sleeping system
    No time today. I barely had time to rig my tarp with a rdgeline and guy ropes + do some tweaking onthe hammock. before it got dark. I have no suitable trees in the yard so had to hang it between a veranda post and the roof rack of my car. And I do not trust the roof rack to hold my weight :-)

But I am launching an expedition to the woods of Medkila tomorrow. I may penetrate as deep as several meters into the woods from the road!

Had to rig the pulk in the living room. SWMBO was not impressed!

It's a Paris expedition. Rigged it with a 7-8 meter rope with a bungee as shock cord. As a brake I used a 100mm rope with a carabinier on each end. It attaches on both sides of the pulk in front. And when I go down hill I let ut run under the pulk in a "U". It will stretch back to the back half of the pulk an brake it so that there was actually still tension on the trace line going down hill :-)

pics tomorrow

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1,7 dbl
    Tarp
    DIY black cat pu
    Insulation
    Warbonnet Yeti
    Several meters... hehe
    Rigging of pulk in the living room... sounds familiar

I use a Paris expedition pulk, and have also practicated the rope-brake system. Works OK.
    Like the pulk very much (read: cheap) but it can be hard to control. It don´t like being packed high, and has a tendency to "twist" if I strap the packload too hard. It will easily fall on its side and create MUCH frustration!

Have a nice flight!

Hammock
    Tarp
    DD XL 4,5x3 Coyote
    Insulation
    DD Snugpak UB
    Suspension
    Whoopies + huggers
    I got myself an army rigid trace forthe pulk. have not really tested it yet. But I think the rope trace felt better.

Also I ordered a snakeskin for the tarp, as stuffing it into the sack it came in is quite an ordeal. I ordered it from DD, not noticing where it says that for a DD XL tarp two snakeskins is required!

So I used it on the TW hammock instead and it was a perfect fit. So I ordered two more snakeskins from DD.

Else as you may have seen in the vid, the kit worked okay. Had no problem with the ridgelines or guylines, sp will continue to use 550 paracord fro now.

Only need the tarp higher next time so that I can suspend the bug net properly.

Hammock
    DIY End Channel
    Tarp
    DIY Winter tarp
    Insulation
    UGQ and HG
    Suspension
    Kevlar, amsteel.
    Images
    The trick with the DD tarps is to fold them, I have the 4x4m doesn't fit in the sack unless I fold it first and then it has plenty space, around 1/3 of the sack is left.

I saw your posts on naturalbushcraft and felt really bad for you when you said the snakeskin didn't fit

Hammock
    Tarp
    DD XL 4,5x3 Coyote
    Insulation
    DD Snugpak UB
    Suspension
    Whoopies + huggers
    Quote Originally Posted by craige View Post
    The trick with the DD tarps is to fold them, I have the 4x4m doesn't fit in the sack unless I fold it first and then it has plenty space, around 1/3 of the sack is left.

I saw your posts on naturalbushcraft and felt really bad for you when you said the snakeskin didn't fit
    Well, if it had fitted/been long enough for the tarp, i would never have known that it fits perfectly on my TW hammock :-)

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345