Tarp
    WBBMJ Spinn+doors
    Insulation
    HammockGear Down!!
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images

Finally...

I had not seen Pspa Smurf's hammocks until the fall Texas hang this last year. I got the chance to lay in a couple of Dangerbirds and I decided I just had to have one.

I ordered a couple of 11'x68" Dangerbirds right after the hang and began that long "wait for it" process. And Randy does it right with that order tracker. I bet his website gets a million his a day just from people with orders Anyway the wait wasn't to bad and they got here around the first week of December.

My job has become a traveling position and I'm gone two or three weeks a month now. So these hammocks sat in the box for almost 5 weeks before I ever had a chance to hang them.

But I was home on a weekend in January when The Hsmmock Life put together a little overnighter close to home. I grabbed our gear and Pamela and I were off. We got to camp a little before dark so I got the wife set up then hurriedly set up my own hammock. Hung the Incubator backwards but was still warm and comfortable. Had a little calf Ridge but chalked that up to bad set up.

When I ordered the hammocks I asked Randy to put extra zipper pulls on one side of each cover so that they could be opened from the middle of the hammock rather than from the ends. Worked great... But it could have been better if I had extra pulls on each side of each cover, making it a true two sided hammock.

Got back from r the overnighter and PMed Randy. He said send them on back and he'd add the other extra pulls and bill me later. What a guy. I sent them back, did my traveling thing and got home Wednesday to a box from Randy. Took the day off today and I'm writing this from the hammock.

I did a champagne colored taffeta with a black cover. I like it a lot. The material is softer than I expected. Zero calf Ridge. Crazy diagonal and super flat. Rivals my Light Owl for sure.

A few pics for ya...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "One of the best things you can do in this world is take a nap in the woods." ~ Jayber Crow by Wendell Berry

"While it may be a lot of work, the view is best from the summit." ~ an anonymous staff member of Philmont Scout Ranch

Enjoy the day
    Shane

Hammock
    Wbbb 1.1dbl.- Traveler multicam 1.9
    Tarp
    H.G. Cuben camo
    Insulation
    Phinc-burrow- H.R.
    Congrats!! Nice looker..
    We would be one step closer to world peace, if everyone slept in a hammock..

Hammock
    WBBB/TR, DIY, HH, SB DL, GT UL
    Tarp
    ID/OES/WB/WL
    Insulation
    HG/WB/Go-Lite/WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Straps/DW
    Images
    Very nice looking new kit - congrats!
    The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering. - St. Augustine

Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet.
    - Bob Marley

Hammock
    Dangerbird
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie!

Sweet!

That's awesome! I am eagerly waiting for mine. i got red crinkle tafetta. It's currently "in progress" !!!!!!!!!!!!

I wish I would have gotten an extra zipper on the net and cover too! oh well. Im just ready to get it!

Congrats!!
    15 The saying is trustworthy and deserving of full acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am the foremost.
    1 Timothy 1:15

Everyone ends up somewhere. Very few people end up somewhere on purpose.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Your body is finished and I'm starting nets and covers right after supper.
    Email me if you want to add extra sliders and I'll take care of it.

Hammock
    DangerBird Clark North American
    Tarp
    Big Daddy
    Insulation
    UGQ Zepplin UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Buckles/Link
    Ok, so I am not the sharpest guy in the world (as PapaSmurf is coming to learn from my emails). Can someone please help me to understand this added zipper pull stuff? What exactly is being gained in adding the additional pulls?

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Labrador View Post
    Can someone please help me to understand this added zipper pull stuff? What exactly is being gained in adding the additional pulls?

The standard DangerBird has one zipper slider on each side of the net and cover. To zip/unzip, you reach up to the head end of the hammock. This is pretty easy with the 10ft long hammock. If you are short like me, it can be a real stretch to reach the zippers on the 11ft model.

Having 2 sliders allow you to unzip from the center of the hammock. This is the way that the Darien, Darien UL and several other hammocks are built.

Because the net and overcover share the same zipper half on the hammock body, it's not possible to simply install a second zipper slider.

In order to add sliders that meet in the center of the hammock, we have to add 3 sliders. The first slider closes the zipper and the other 2 are brought to the center of the hammock.

Most of the time I suggest that folks add extra sliders to only one side of the net and one side of the overcover. That makes for 8 zipper sliders to keep track of. Some folks want extra sliders on both sides of the net and cover for a whopping 12 sliders.

Is having 12 zippers sliders extra convenient or extra hassle? Beats me, I personally use only the standard single slider.

Hammock
    WL Light Owl/Dangerbird
    Tarp
    WBBMJ Spinn+doors
    Insulation
    HammockGear Down!!
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    I wanted the extra sliders on both sides of both covers... just because...

Really, two reasons. I can get into/out of my hammock from either side with either cover. And more importantly, I can adjust my underquilt from both sides without getting out of the hammock.

In the grand scheme of things, the extra pulls weigh relatively nothing... the Dangerbird is not the lightest hammock in the world, so I'm adding very little to quite a bit. If i want light, I'll pull out the Light Owl. After an hour in the Dangerbird yesterday, I consider it an equal in comfort to the Light Owl, so I'm set for most any situation from completely convertable to completely covered.
    "One of the best things you can do in this world is take a nap in the woods." ~ Jayber Crow by Wendell Berry

"While it may be a lot of work, the view is best from the summit." ~ an anonymous staff member of Philmont Scout Ranch

Enjoy the day
    Shane

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Lynx/Quilts
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Congrats on a GREAT hammock!