Hennessey Explorer Ultralight
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    poor woman has no clue how bad it can get. Wait till you take over an entire room for your workspace. She'll have kittens....
    I may be slow... But I sure am gimpy.

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

We Don't Sew... We Make Gear! video series

Important thread injector guidelines especially for Newbies

Bobbin Tension - A Personal Viewpoint

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB XLC 1.7, Traveler S1.7
    Tarp
    Cuben DIY
    Insulation
    Hammockgear
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tomsuper View Post
    ok thanks all, i will pick up some biners and now i get the concept, i didnt notice the loop at the end of the webbing. just to let you know my wife just yelled at me for trying to do hitches to the back of the l/r chairs.
    For some real fun, practice tying slippery hitches with a cat's tail!
    ahhhh...it's lifes little pleasures
    "Every day is a new day to a better future"
    "Of all the things that matter, that really and truly matter, working more efficiently and getting more done is not among them." ~ Mike Dooley
    "What if I told you that you couldn't have anymore of anything... No more friends, no more money, no more anything, until you first got happy with what you have?"~ Mike Dooley
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." ~ Socrates

Hammock
    WBBB Dbl 1.0
    Tarp
    Nothing atm....
    Insulation
    Costco down throws
    Suspension
    WBBB Line/Strap
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by animalcontrol View Post
    For some real fun, practice tying slippery hitches with a cat's tail!
    ahhhh...it's lifes little pleasures
    *calls cat over to computer chair......

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by warbonnetguy View Post
    you got the adjustable webbing suspension i think. you'll have to take the webbing out of the buckles, wrap around the tree and thread one end through the looped end. now webbing is attached to the tree. thread back through the buckles, adjust, and tie a slipped half hitch tightly behind them.

if you get 2 biners, you can put them in those webbing loops, and you just clip the webbing around the tree, rather than taking the webbing out of the buckles, and then threading them back on. this is what most folks do.
    I hadn't even thought of using the non-biner technique, probably since I am used to having biners. But I'm thinking when I first set up, I didn't have my biners handy ( on another hammock in a sack) so I just did a Speer type wrap, or a round turn with half hitch, can't remember. But disconnecting from the triangle buckles might come in handy when packing up, if the webbing was soaked.

Anyway, question: with that first non-biner technique you list: no wear worries from webbing on webbing contact and friction through the loop? It might save a few oz to go without biners, and that actually doessn't sound all that inconvenient.

Images
    no different than how i use tree straps. there is no real movement on the webbing in that spot. i would keep an eye on it, but i've not noticed any signifigant wear from doing it like that.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12