Hi everyone. Im new to hammocks, bought my first one(ENO single) last spring and slept in it on 3-4 overnight trips in the summer here in PA. It had a seperate bug net and I got the pro fly raintarp with it. I love the system and slept much better than in a tent. I wanted to go lighter and just recently bought the HH explorer ultralight zip. I wanted the free cub for my son and when I inquired they said that deal was over, but they extended it to me anyway, awesome! I didn't use any underquilt or anything last summer, just a slumberjack synthetic 20° bag and I slept fine. I've been reading a lot of stuff on here and it seems like no one goes out without some kind of undercover. I want to keep my setup as simple as possible and don't want a lot of extra bulky parts. Most of my camping will be late spring,summer, maybe early fall, but the majority will probably be in the summer. My questions are:
1-should I get a light underquilt say 35°-45°-50°? if so what are some decent ones?
2-3/4 or full length I don't really want to have to carry something extra to put under my legs, but do your legs get that cold if you get a 3/4?
3-Is the HHSS the answer to all of this should I get this and just bring it when I think I'll need it? Do you feel the pad around you on this system, I like the hammock because you don't feel anything and feel this sytem might defeat the purpose.
Sorry for the long winded post, just excited and want to get everything in order for myself and my son!