Hennessey Explorer Ultralight
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    If I was going to set up for wall hanging, which I have considered. I would run a 2X4 the height of the wall. I would add some spacers to allow ropes between the 2X4 and the wall. I would attach the 2x4 with no fewer than 4 long bolts over the length of the 2x4 secured into the center of a stud. That would spread the force out over the wall and reduce the stress at any single point. I would also want to be able to hang at various heights so I can work on my HH and my various bridges allowing full loading with each.

Right now I am simply stringing the suspension lines to hooks, but I don't think I could load the hammock. But I might try is I feel lucky.
    I may be slow... But I sure am gimpy.

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

We Don't Sew... We Make Gear! video series

Important thread injector guidelines especially for Newbies

Bobbin Tension - A Personal Viewpoint

Hammock
    WB BB 1.1 DBL
    Tarp
    SuperFly or CCS
    Insulation
    Yeti or DIY KAQ
    Suspension
    webbing
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    I started to get the Vario a while back. But it seemed a little short. It had an extension bar option, but I could not find a way to order it along with the stand. Anyone know where to find both at a descent price?

But I notice the one linked above in mikeinfhaz's post is not a Vario, though it looks much like it. But it might be long enough at 15 feet. I wonder if it breaks down easily for transport?
    BillyBob- The stand that Mike posted breaks down into 5 pieces. 2 uprights, 2 Legs and 1 center piece. It is held together with those metal push tabs. I bought this one on sale awhile back. Well built stand. It was just to big for my apartment. Started in the kitchen and ran all the way through my living room. I couldn't leave it up and ended up selling it to a friend that owns a house.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lenle01 View Post
    BillyBob- The stand that Mike posted breaks down into 5 pieces. 2 uprights, 2 Legs and 1 center piece. It is held together with those metal push tabs. I bought this one on sale awhile back. Well built stand. It was just to big for my apartment. Started in the kitchen and ran all the way through my living room. I couldn't leave it up and ended up selling it to a friend that owns a house.
    Thanks, Len. I may look further into this one.

Hammock
    BB
    Tarp
    zpacks cuben
    Insulation
    te-wa Freeze
    Suspension
    whoOpie slings
    Images
    let us know what you think of it, if you do end up using it. i was trying to post the cheapest, easiest to move item. it looks good from the pics... i want it for my back patio for my travel hammock.

Better make sure you have wood studs first

Some appartments are built using metal studs and they will not handle that type hardware. Will a magnet stick to the wall where a stud is - one side of an outlet or the other - or remove an outlet cover and have a look - also be careful of plumbing pipes and electrical wires. A stand is a good idea.

Hammock
    WBBB Dbl 1.0
    Tarp
    Nothing atm....
    Insulation
    Costco down throws
    Suspension
    WBBB Line/Strap
    Images
    My apartment definitely has wood studs. I had to drill into them to mount my flatscreen tv on the wall.

Here is a good design to build on

<http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2878>

Hammock
    Anything hanging in the living room
    Don't forget Stormcrow was quite successful in using 4x4s into the beams of the floor/ceiling with MINIMAL holes/damage. If we remove them, the patch job will be thumb sized over each hole. Not sure if your apartment is set up to be able to do that, but look at his gallery for how great it worked.

Images
    i've hung from eyebolts too, the plus side is that you can take the hammock down and that's it, no stand in the way to move or dismantle. just be really careful you don't pull a wall down, i wouldn't be surprised if somebody does at some point, but if you're careful and put the eyebolts in a strong spot they can be solid.

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    JRB Quilts Top/Btm
    Suspension
    Whoo-Pie Slings
    Images

Thumbs up How Bout this

http://www.hammocks.com/hammock-stan...ckstandkit.cfm

Not dirt cheap but much easier to adjust to exactly what you need. And cheaper than some of the other links however not nearly as cheap as the $25 dollah full DIYer from Risk. Bets part is you can always tear it down and throw in the back of a car for some good Car camping fun as well.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast