intro ,thanks ,and couple Questions

Want to first thank all involved in this forum .What a great resource for this fast evolving form of camping .I have been a gear nut since I started camping w/Boy Scouts in the 60's . This(hammock camping) by far is the most exciting improvement I have seen in a long time .My background ,been a Scout leader for 14 years ,and had worked part time in an outdoor store 5 yrs .Done several 7-10 day hikes .Even with the best ground pads I never really sleep well ,can''t wait to hang this spring!. Two questions ,one serious ,one silly (you decide which is which,ha !) . First with many of the hammock makers participating here on the forums ,have they formed (or discussed forming ) a trade organization ? It may come in handy for issues like changing state parks prohibitions on hanging ,etc. Second for those Scouters out there ,have you seen patrol patches with ewoks or possums ,or other tree dwellers ?

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by howiez3 View Post
    Want to first thank all involved in this forum .What a great resource for this fast evolving form of camping .I have been a gear nut since I started camping w/Boy Scouts in the 60's . This(hammock camping) by far is the most exciting improvement I have seen in a long time .My background ,been a Scout leader for 14 years ,and had worked part time in an outdoor store 5 yrs .Done several 7-10 day hikes .Even with the best ground pads I never really sleep well ,can''t wait to hang this spring!. Two questions ,one serious ,one silly (you decide which is which,ha !) . First with many of the hammock makers participating here on the forums ,have they formed (or discussed forming ) a trade organization ? It may come in handy for issues like changing state parks prohibitions on hanging ,etc. Second for those Scouters out there ,have you seen patrol patches with ewoks or possums ,or other tree dwellers ?
    Can't help you w/ your questions my friend, but I can certainly understand your excitement about finding a better way to sleep than pads on the ground!!!

And we have quite a few Scout leaders & former scouts here on HF. Welcome aboard!
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

And we have quite a few Scout leaders & former scouts here on HF. Welcome aboard![/QUOTE]
    Thanks for the welcome ,for sure Scouters are always looking for a good nights sleep ,the kids will run you silly! The more I talk hammocks with my fellow leaders the more they are wanting their own!

• + New Posts