WB RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    8x10 DIY (speer)
    Insulation
    KAQ Lost River
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    My wife doesn't get it... Her idea of roughing it is 4 stars... So we have an RV for some of our adventures.

She does support me, though: She encourages me to bring my hammocks and sleep outside! wait a minute . . . .
    "Do or do not, there is no try." -- Yoda

Images
    My wife thinks I'm crazy...and I probably am. Spent about three hours this past Sunday in a torrential down pour "testing out my rain tarp". It rained almost three inches in about four hours. I was dry as a bone by the way. Read, napped, and enjoyed the patter. My kids were easy converts. They are in the yard with me every weekend as we learn to set up and test out new DIY stuff we put together. She's cool cause the kids are with me and she can nap in peace but...one day she will go for it.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    HGCub/Deluxe Spinn
    Insulation
    HGP/SSF/JRBHR/HGBu
    Suspension
    line/ring/strap
    Quote Originally Posted by fishbait View Post
    ... looked at me shook her head and walked back upstairs
    Son, sounds like you're a newlywed. After a few decades, you come to understand the equivalent lingua franca is "...I love you."

Hammock
    DIY Tablecloth
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    DIY 5 oz CS Apex
    Suspension
    Straps w TiBuckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DaddyDaddy View Post
    My wife thinks I'm crazy...and I probably am. Spent about three hours this past Sunday in a torrential down pour "testing out my rain tarp". It rained almost three inches in about four hours. I was dry as a bone by the way. Read, napped, and enjoyed the patter. My kids were easy converts. They are in the yard with me every weekend as we learn to set up and test out new DIY stuff we put together. She's cool cause the kids are with me and she can nap in peace but...one day she will go for it.
    Sounds like us. My kids are both seasoned backyard hangers. We're pretty much to the point that when its time for them to hang up their gear I only supervise and offer an occasional pointer.

I didn't think I'd get my wife out in a hammock but I had her get in mine one afternoon to make some underquilt adjustments and she kinda liked it. Sooo, I made her her own tablecloth hammock and now she likes to spend warm afternoons in it with her iPad. Don't know that I'll ever get her to camp out overnight in it but hey, having her hang out with us in the afternoon is good for now...

Hammock
    Skeeter Beater Pro
    Tarp
    Old Coleman tent f
    Insulation
    ccf pad
    I didn't want my wife to have to duck under my hammock on the way to the basement laundry room. So I hung HERS in the way ! Mine is off to one side. Never thought she would be up for hanging but she surprised me. So needless to say as we save for downy goodness I will order HER uq first.

Hammock
    Dangerbird
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah's 12
    Insulation
    DIY underquilt
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    This thread makes me laugh!! My wife hasn't bought in either and I get the head-shake every time a hammock discussion comes up. My daughters (6,4,3,2) are all in...in fact my 4 year old asked for a pink Hello-Kitty hammock for her birthday in June!

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    WL SS UQ, WL SS TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch speedhooks
    Images
    This thread is kinda deja vu, seems like we've been over this before. If I had some of the $1000's of dollars spent on matresses in 38yr 11mo of marriage I would have one hellava hammock kit. And now we are at the point that I'm sleeping in a $25 diy hammock every night and she is on a WM air mattress! To her credit she has tried a few times, mostly because she can't figure out how I can still be in the hammock at 9:00am, but she was never able to reach nirvana. From the direction of the post maybe we should consider the idea of a life mate and a hammock mate. On second thought, better let me run this by the wife first!
    Last edited by olddog; 02-12-2013 at 23:42.
    Most of us end up poorer here but richer for being here. Olddog, Fulltime hammocker, 365 nights a year.

Hammock
    WBXLC, WBBB, LiteOwl
    Tarp
    Superfly, MambaJam
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix, WL Sum
    Suspension
    Webbing, Whoopies
    Images
    Another example... My wife has to duck under the suspension to get to her homework.

She is taking doctoral classes, reading these really weighty subjects like "Research design - qualitative, quantitative, and mixed methods approaches".

Just a matter of time before the mouse comes to the cheese.

Hammock
    BIAS WWM
    Tarp
    HG 4 season Cuben
    Insulation
    20* burrow/incubtr
    Suspension
    Webs,whoopi,&dutch
    Thank you all for helping me prove to my wife that I'm not the only only hammocking nut out there that has there setup going in the basement at all times!! I just can't help it! It is just a beautiful site to see! Especially since I just got my new HG tq and uq. I couldn't help but run and take a few snaps to throw in here
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    WL SS UQ, WL SS TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch speedhooks
    Images
    [QUOTE=TallPaul;939037She is taking doctoral classes, reading these really weighty subjects like "Research design - qualitative, quantitative, and mixed methods approaches".

[/QUOTE]

Sounds like hammocking in a nutshell!
    Most of us end up poorer here but richer for being here. Olddog, Fulltime hammocker, 365 nights a year.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast