Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    shamu 40*
    Suspension
    UCR whoopie
    Images

Re: FINISHED!!! Fleece TQ w/ Weathershield

So your final design... What are the finished measurements compared to your height... I am curious in making one but want to buy enough fabric to do it...

So your fabric is basically doubled on 2/3-3/4 of it and single the rest by the shoulders...
    Live, Laugh, Love, if that doesn't work. Load, Aim and Fire, repeat as necessary...

Buy, Try, Learn, Repeat

Hammock
    The Susurro Canyon (DIY)
    Tarp
    1.1oz SilPolyD Hex
    Insulation
    FoyleUQ DIY TQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Brute1100 View Post
    So your final design... What are the finished measurements compared to your height... I am curious in making one but want to buy enough fabric to do it...

So your fabric is basically doubled on 2/3-3/4 of it and single the rest by the shoulders...
    The final dimensions are:
    84"L x 50"W

I am 6'1".

Note: I was informed by my mother-in-law, the professional quilter, that it is very important for multiple layers of fleece to be stacked in the exact same orientation they were in before the cut was executed.....
    In other words, put a piece of blue painters tape on one side of the virgin material from one end to the other (head to foot). Do you figurin' and make your cut(s). When you assemble them, the blue tape needs to be on the same side and facing in the same direction. This will keep the fleece from laying weird.

I bought 4 yards of fleece, and rather than doubling it exactly in half, I made the fold so that one layer is longer than the other.

After cutting down the fold, I created a draw cord channel at the foot by sewing the foot together wrong side out. Then, after folding it along the hem at the foot (getting it right side out), I sewed 3/4" up the TQ from the bottom. This created a channel for the paracord.

Then, I injected some thread along the sides to join the two layers. At this point it looked like a extra wide super thin sleeping bag. I folded the silnylon over the top edge of the shorter top piece and pinned the dog out of it to get my silnylon folds nice and straight. After sewing the sides and foot of the silnylon onto the fleece, I sewed the top edge of the short fleece and the top edge of the silnylon to the longer fleece. I used the zig-zag stitching patern, because I liked how well it joined the edge of the material together.

Here's a link to my album containing the TQ pics. LINK

Let me know if that was confusing. Maybe I could make a video explaining any other issues.
    Leonard Outdoors Youtube.com/drleonar

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123