Hammock
    GT Double/Single
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wallyworld CCF Pad
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH
    So what is this? I feel like I'm missing something... You run a wood stove in there as a heated tarp? At first I thought it was a portable fish smoker... Which would be really cool.
    "We're the Sultans of Swing."

Hammock
    DIY, WBBB & Switchback
    Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY 3/4 UQ/TQ, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide / Dutch
    Images
    http://youtu.be/Oo5nSky47t0
    Check out the above link to an ultra-light version of heated hammock camping. This is his latest in a recent series of about 6 videos from unpacking his stove to building the system to this video which is his first overnight in the shelter.
    Last edited by MAD777; 02-15-2013 at 14:08.
    Mike
    "Life is a Project!"

Hammock
    Camo Clark NX 250
    Tarp
    Custom Smokehouse
    Wow I just got told this exists. Yes smokehouse I love it! Do you think if I asked to run away with me it say yes?

A little on the development notes: Originally I tried to talk smokehouse into a different multicam fabric that was lighter, not fire retardant, but had a water repellant coating on it. They called it epsilon. Smokehouse got a set of test patches from duro industries and tested the epsilon fabrics water resistant coating, he determined that it would more than likely "mist" in a decent downpour. He had also tested the 70d fabric and found it as close to perfectly waterproof as possible and recommended it, since it was also fire retardant I went with it. Big increase in weight but its safe and water proof. I might try to coax him into a hybrid multicam tarp with the roof of the heavier material and the sides of the lighter multicam much later. Till then I have a new piece of gear to test and break in.
    Rules to live by:The Wizards Rules
    Anything can be solved by the proper application of High Explosives. Or a shot of whiskey...
    Meaning of the EOD Badge
    Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) is a science of vague assumptions based on debatable figures derived from inconclusive experiments, performed by persons of doubtful mental capability with instruments of problematic accuracy.

Hammock
    1.1 dbl ge double strech-side
    Tarp
    Tadpole/ Superfly
    Insulation
    HG- TQ,UQ- DIY PL
    Suspension
    Whoopie,D Buckle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by OldRagFreeze View Post
    So what is this? I feel like I'm missing something... You run a wood stove in there as a heated tarp? At first I thought it was a portable fish smoker... Which would be really cool.
    I do not have one, or even seen one in person, but I do want one. Use the wood stove for first thing in the morning to knock the chill off before you get out of the downy goodness. Also a great way to start coffee, or even cook breakfast.

When I finally have a "hot tarp" that's how I plan on using it. Set up the stove before turning in for the night with tinder and kindling, then if it does turn really cold in the middle of the night, I can reach over and light it. If I make it through the night, then it's ready for morning coffee and cooking.....RR
    I'm a member of PETA!!!!

People
    Eating
    Tasty
    Animals

Hammock
    Camo Clark NX 250
    Tarp
    Custom Smokehouse
    That's the idea RR, a hot tarp. I'm not super friendly with old man winter, but I'm hoping this will take us from brief nods to at least speaking. Have a warm shelter to crawl out into first thing and a place to warm up if you get too chilled and are having a hard time warming up.
    Rules to live by:The Wizards Rules
    Anything can be solved by the proper application of High Explosives. Or a shot of whiskey...
    Meaning of the EOD Badge
    Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) is a science of vague assumptions based on debatable figures derived from inconclusive experiments, performed by persons of doubtful mental capability with instruments of problematic accuracy.

Images
    It's an awesome way to end/start your day.

Images
    I'm going to have to get back to work only stove project now.

Hammock
    my 11' ers
    Tarp
    many of my tarps
    Insulation
    yeti, Incubators
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie
    Images
    Its a shelter with a wood burning stove... The stove is only good for an hour or 2 before adding wood, so u have to restart the fire in the morning. I made this shelter where I didn't have to get out of the hammock and could stay warm while the shelter was heating back up after I fire the stove up ... Here is a video of the 1.1 Sil Smokehouse... Zac and I did alittle backpacking trip with it... We ate good too Thanks to Zac's cooking skills...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PRYb8CjDWI
    Last edited by SmokeHouse; 02-16-2013 at 20:29.

Hey now, that's pretty sweet. Makes me want to hang inside a canvas wall tent.

Hammock
    DIY HH, DIY BB, DIY Stretchy side
    Tarp
    Any, keep you dry
    Insulation
    DIY IX + down UQs.
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Where did you get your multycam ripstop nylon from?

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast