Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Tapatalk

No offense to anyone but trying to prove how wrong others are for not purchasing the "pro version" or "paid version" of tapatalk, or whatever it will be called in a month. Is utterly wrong, if they wanted us to purchase it they, thats "They, the makers of the program" wouldn't have offered it for "FREE". Badgering those whom chose to use the free version is wrong....

Octo for $3.99 I can buy a lot actually, maybe a new book for my 8 year old, maybe a song from iTunes that she wants (or possibly a bunch from the $0.69 song lists on iTunes), or a new hair brush for her, hair ties, hair pins...and the list could go on. Not being defensive or offensive...just pointing it out since it was brought up.
    "yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift---thats why its called a present" - Master Oogway
    It's always best if your an early riser!

Hammock
    Dangerbird
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator 20*
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckle
    Images
    I hope my money goes to customer relations. It looks like basic or whatever it was called went free on both IOS and Android. HD on Android is now Pro with a tablet UI. Pro on IOS is now the paid version with a few bells and whistles and no tablet UI. HD on IOS wasn't working properly for months and as of last month has been updated with the iPad UI. Still lacks multi-quote and themes though. IOS HD is not listed on their webpage at all (that I can find anyway). That's as much clarification I can get out of it.

Formerly octothorpesarus mudsocks's Avatar
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    No offense to anyone but trying to prove how wrong others are for not purchasing the "pro version" or "paid version" of tapatalk, or whatever it will be called in a month. Is utterly wrong, if they wanted us to purchase it they, thats "They, the makers of the program" wouldn't have offered it for "FREE". Badgering those whom chose to use the free version is wrong....

Octo for $3.99 I can buy a lot actually, maybe a new book for my 8 year old, maybe a song from iTunes that she wants (or possibly a bunch from the $0.69 song lists on iTunes), or a new hair brush for her, hair ties, hair pins...and the list could go on. Not being defensive or offensive...just pointing it out since it was brought up.
    Again, software takes time to develop, support, test, and bandwidth to distribute. All these things require real dollars. Maybe tapatalk isn't worth the $3.99 for you and that's fine. I just don't see a case for complaining about the free version asking you to purchase the commercial version.

Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by octothorpesarus View Post
    Again, software takes time to develop, support, test, and bandwidth to distribute. All these things require real dollars. Maybe tapatalk isn't worth the $3.99 for you and that's fine. I just don't see a case for complaining about the free version asking you to purchase the commercial version.
    I understand all that, and that's fine yet they offered a free version so if they wanted those real dollars they shouldn't have offered a free version. The statements you make are valid yet are implicating wrong doing by me and others for using something that is offered to us for free...

Also to point out I never complained about the free version! In fact I said I was happy with it! Another post by me was asking what the differences were! You call that complaining? Or are you talking about someone else?
    "yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift---thats why its called a present" - Master Oogway

Tapatalk

FWIW there is a free tapatalk version, it's what I am using atm and to my understanding its the closest thing to the paid version (don't think it has all the feature's the paid version has), works just fine for me. I believe mine is labeled Tapatalk 2??? I know there was a recent update to it and was supposed to change the name, but I just checked and it still shows the same name.
    I just got my new iPhone----anyone know the difference's between the free version and the paid version?

I looked in the review sections (in the app store) and didn't find anything.
    I have only used it for a couple days (3), but I haven't seen any ad's yet. Although you very well may be right and I just haven't used it enough to see them.
    Thanks silentorpheus, that does seem sketchy for them to do that...although that is how some operate so it is what it is I guess.

You make a great point, so until some definite differences are made apparent (something substantial too at that), I'll stick with the free version.

Thanks for your help bud
    Thanks Nhott, great info...
    The only issue I had was during the whole "HF Update" I had to remove and re-install Tapatalk (free version) as every time I tried to view the forum or a thread it came up with a notice of check your admin rights and more. I removed and re-installed it and signed back in and working perfect now.

Sorry Silentorpheus I haven't had that issue as I am not subscribed to anything, the constant alerts drove me nut's....well more nut's than I already was

Here are all my posts and I can't find a single notation of me complaining about the free version!

If that part of your statement was directed at someone else I think and feel that it really should have been noted in your response so no one takes offense to it.

Images
    Here are all my posts and I can't find a single notation of me complaining about the free version!

If that part of your statement was directed at someone else I think and feel that it really should have been noted in your response so no one takes offense to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoda

I guess I'm misinterpreting the above quote. No offense meant for my part.

-Jeremy

Quote Originally Posted by oct othorpesarus View Post
    I guess I'm misinterpreting the above quote. No offense meant for my part.

-Jeremy
    I don't see how that's me complaining about the version I'm using.

So I'm not sure if this is just how it operates, and I'm just not understanding it...or if there is an issue present....or maybe just maybe the paid version would fix this?????

I'm using the free version of tapatalk (which again I have "NO" complaints about) and I get a notification when someone quotes me or replies to a thread I have subscribed too (yeaaaa I finally subscribed to a couple) which is absolutely fantastic....so love that I get a notification. Oh sorry... for reference I am using iOS (iPhone 5s if that matters???).... When I get a notification I see a 1 or a 2 (depends on how many notifications/replies) next too the tapatalk app on my phone, yet when I open it up I have no idea where the notification came from as that 1 or 2 or any notification icon to lead me towards where it came from is gone (what thread it is in). The only way I can go directly too where it came from is to go to the notification center in my phone and find the current one from HF and tap that and it takes me directly to where I need to go.

So am I doing something wrong? Is that just how it operates and it is what it is? Is there something in the settings that I need to check? It's not really annoying, just a little frustrating but the design of iOS with my iPhone's notification center (swipe down from the top of the iPhone's screen brings up the phones notification center).

Sorry I am not really computer/electronic/gadget savvy, so yea I'm a little slow with all this.

Images
    On my iOS device Tapatalk jumps straight to the thread I'm receiving notification on if the notification is still blinking on the lock screen. When I pulldown the iOS notification area and touch the a notification it takes me straight to the thread. I'm using Taptalk Pro 2.5.2. The Free version behaves the same way.

Hammock
    DH, WBBB, Dutch, DIY
    Tarp
    HG, WBSF, UGQ
    Insulation
    HG, LLG
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks

Tapatalk

So I'm not sure if this is just how it operates, and I'm just not understanding it...or if there is an issue present....or maybe just maybe the paid version would fix this?????

I'm using the free version of tapatalk (which again I have "NO" complaints about) and I get a notification when someone quotes me or replies to a thread I have subscribed too (yeaaaa I finally subscribed to a couple) which is absolutely fantastic....so love that I get a notification. Oh sorry... for reference I am using iOS (iPhone 5s if that matters???).... When I get a notification I see a 1 or a 2 (depends on how many notifications/replies) next too the tapatalk app on my phone, yet when I open it up I have no idea where the notification came from as that 1 or 2 or any notification icon to lead me towards where it came from is gone (what thread it is in). The only way I can go directly too where it came from is to go to the notification center in my phone and find the current one from HF and tap that and it takes me directly to where I need to go.

So am I doing something wrong? Is that just how it operates and it is what it is? Is there something in the settings that I need to check? It's not really annoying, just a little frustrating but the design of iOS with my iPhone's notification center (swipe down from the top of the iPhone's screen brings up the phones notification center).

Sorry I am not really computer/electronic/gadget savvy, so yea I'm a little slow with all this.
    You've got a couple of options. Forgive me if you know this - I'll just be thorough and perhaps redundant:

When you log into tapatalk, you'll get one of many screens. I picked the home screen as the example

The three lines in the top left take you to the menu

From there I use one of two methods. If I'm getting a notification, that means someone replied to a thread I'm subscribed to. So you can click on "subscribed" and it'll take you to the list of subscribed threads. The ones that have a blue dot are new - so the notification more than likely came from one of those

Otherwise, from the menu screen, you can choose the "notifications" screen, and it will show you all the notifications you've received, you can click directly on them, and it takes you to the thread

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by silentorpheus; 03-18-2014 at 10:33.

• + New Posts
  • Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast