Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Mamajamb
    Insulation
    Down UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Cinch
    When it comes to the extra benefits of becoming a donating member, I guess it's a case of "I didnt know what I didn't know" - I knew there was SOME extra info available to members, but I didn't know how much or on what topics. I do now!

Quote Originally Posted by Ewker View Post
    I have a bunch of websites I go to for backpacking. Most of them were around long before HF. To me it never hurts to visit as many as you can since you never know what you may learn.
    So do we have to guess what they are?

Hammock
    Clark North American
    Tarp
    MYOG Cuben
    Insulation
    MYOG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Amsteel

I only go to three

I usually visit BPL, Hammock forums, and Whiteblaze. The knowledge base at BPL is huge and falls right in line with my light hiking philosophy. Hammock Forums has a great MYOG section and is about the friendliest site I've ever seen. Whiteblaze has a ton of AT related info of course, which is where I hike typically. All three site have a lot to offer.

Ryan

Hammock
    Kammok Roo

What is your favorite Backpacking Forum?

I agree that a post like this might be best left where non-donating people might find it. Heck, I've been a donating member here since last Summer, and because of this thread I just realized there was stuff in that "donating member" section beyond just chit chat! (my default view seems to have collapsed everything except the main header for that section, and I never noticed it until this thread made me go look!)

I am so busy looking at all the hammock stuff, I skipped right past it and never noticed all the extra stuff there is to offer here. My $10.00 was already well spent, but now it feels cheap at twice the price!

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.7 Dl
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator/Ozark
    Suspension
    ADJ webbing
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fartintone View Post
    Is there a secret handshake?
    You hold your right hand in the shape of a hammock while the other person ......
    Where ever you go,
    There you are.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I like it here. I hammock and backpack and get all I need here.
    Checked out a bunch of the other forums mentioned but just never got into them as much. I do like Linvillegorge.net as I go the Gorge as much as I can. The gorge is dear to me and a lot of folks on there are on here as well.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Hennessy UL Explorer (2QZQ Mod #4)
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    Baby Orca & NoSniv
    Suspension
    Whoopie & biner
    Images
    I have spend time on several backpacking/hiking/bushcrafty outdoors groups (yahoo groups time) and forums.

And although there are many good places I now only visit HF. Why... it's a good place and I don't to spend too much time behind that keyboard.

If I ever get time (among other things ) to visit e.g. The Linville Gorge, AT etc. I'll start doing more research on other places too/again.....

Grtz Johan
    My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplaces of existence.

mob: +31 6 44 80 82 63

http://www.dutchunlimited.com
    http://dutchunlimited.com/english/

My YouTube

I think once you pay the $10 and get access to the areas Hammock Forums wins hands down for being informative and friendly. Some of the other sites seem like people just like to bash things and people........

Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    WEB
    Images

Favorite Forum

Bushcraft usa is a user friendly forum. I am able to post videos there but for some reason not here. The best solution is to log out one last time.

Hammock
    DIY - Canoe Hammock
    Tarp
    DIY Hex Tarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    DIY UCRs
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JCook5003 View Post
    I think once you pay the $10 and get access to the areas Hammock Forums wins hands down for being informative and friendly. Some of the other sites seem like people just like to bash things and people........
    Agreed. Been to alot of the sites and I would even find myself getting caught up in the arguments with people. Finally decided that, that was not how I wanted to spend my time chatting with people anymore. Just wanted to have meaningful conversations that didnt involve nasty replies toward each other. Seems like most forums end up that way after awhile. And then there is some forums that are run by people who will delete your threads/posts if your views don't fall exactly in line with their views.

Quote Originally Posted by book View Post
    Bushcraft usa is a user friendly forum. I am able to post videos there but for some reason not here. The best solution is to log out one last time.
    You can easily post videos here. There is even a thread on how to do this. You just post the last part of the address after the = sign in the url of the video, with the [YOUTUBE] [/ YOUTUBE] tags around it.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast