Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    webbing and rings
    Thanks for the info guys.

Funny that you guys were 500 yards away from each other and didn't know it

The hike wasn't that bad from the bridle parking lot so I'll probably park there and leave the lower parking lot Stang is talking about open for other folks if they like.

The rock hop crossing pic you posted at spot 3 Mike looks simple enough and the hike to spot 3 from the bridle lot isn't that much farther than from the lot to spot 2 so worst case anyone can make it to that crossing at spot 3 if they can't find suitable crossing before that (this is all assuming you come in from the bridle lot).

I believe, spots 1-3 are all visible from the trail looking South across the creek so look for a bunch of hammocks and a fire if you come late.

I'm tying to make it in around noon-3 Friday afternoon so I'll take a look around and make a judgement call on which spot out of spots 1-3 (i'll make sure to check them all out in case someone beats me there and settles into one of the spots).

Quote Originally Posted by CB200T View Post
    My wife, dog and I were out there last night too. We were on site 6. Really nice site, liked site 5 too, but was too windy. Probably nice in the warmer months., found my car had lots little tongue marks around where the salt hits it. Didn't get a picture. That twp rd is fun to drive up!
    haha, that's hilarious. How did the 3 of us not run into each other?

My dog would've LOVED another dog to run around with

That wasn't you that passed our camp sunday morning was it? Asking about 97?

Hammock
    WBBB DL 1.0
    Tarp
    WBBMJ
    Insulation
    DIY UQ, HG Phoenix
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images

Re: Ohio Hang 3/29-31

Quote Originally Posted by Tendertoe View Post
    Thanks for the info guys.

Funny that you guys were 500 yards away from each other and didn't know it

The hike wasn't that bad from the bridle parking lot so I'll probably park there and leave the lower parking lot Stang is talking about open for other folks if they like.

The rock hop crossing pic you posted at spot 3 Mike looks simple enough and the hike to spot 3 from the bridle lot isn't that much farther than from the lot to spot 2 so worst case anyone can make it to that crossing at spot 3 if they can't find suitable crossing before that (this is all assuming you come in from the bridle lot).

I believe, spots 1-3 are all visible from the trail looking South across the creek so look for a bunch of hammocks and a fire if you come late.

I'm tying to make it in around noon-3 Friday afternoon so I'll take a look around and make a judgement call on which spot out of spots 1-3 (i'll make sure to check them all out in case someone beats me there and settles into one of the spots).
    3 is just across the creek, but it is set back into the hemlocks about 30 yards, so you have to cross before you see it if you are coming from the bridle parking lot. It'll be on your left if coming from that direction, just up the bank.

I wish I could come out, but I always seem to be on call for work when we plan a Mohican hang. There is no cell phone service whatsoever at 3
    Mike, Backcountry Mentor
    https://backcountrymentor.com
    Check me out on YouTube!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuhqpe2xIWBXRVtpB5dxAJA

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1SL, 1.1SL traveler
    Tarp
    Edgespin,HGcubenPL
    Insulation
    HG Custom's x10
    Suspension
    Slings
    id love to be there guys but ill be in red river, kentucky this weekend. Yall have fun!
    Ultralite Gear and Apparel

Lukesultralite.com

Hammock
    Wife Made
    Tarp
    Wife Made
    Insulation
    Wife Made
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Quote Originally Posted by Slo View Post
    haha, that's hilarious. How did the 3 of us not run into each other?

My dog would've LOVED another dog to run around with

That wasn't you that passed our camp sunday morning was it? Asking about 97?
    Luck of the draw I guess. USMC and I had tentatively made plans to hang on 6, but he changed plans and wasn't able to let us know. So Wife, dog and I stayed on six and spent the night. Totally unprepared for the cold! We both did pushups and sit ups to stay warm. Boogied out of there at first light back to the car to drive around and get warm. Wound up going to McD's and back to figure out where the rest of the sites are. We visited all of the campsites and had a pretty decent little hike in the process. I was (do) driving the gray Ford Focus (late model) with a Warbonnet sticker on the rear window. We parked up on Twp Rd 3240 or w/e by 5/6. If you're interested, backpackohio.com is doing a trip in Dolly Sodds on April 26-28th. I'm going for sure. Wife isn't sure and I'm not sure yet, but a friend, my brother and a co-worker may or may not be going. Sounds like it will just be me so far though.

Hammock
    Banyan bridge, BIAS gathered
    Tarp
    ZPacks w doors
    Insulation
    HG; JRB
    Suspension
    Straps & beckett

Gonna try if there's still room

I would like to meet some of you other HF'ers, but I am committed for a family thing on Friday night. Will see if I can get away Sat and Sat night and join you at Mohican. Still room for more?
    Find the LIGHT STUFF at QiWiz.net

The lightest cathole trowels, wood burning stoves, windscreens, spatulas,
    cooking options, titanium and aluminum pots, and buck saws on the planet

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    webbing and rings

Ohio Hang 3/29-31

Of course there's room.

I, unfortunately, am only hanging around for Friday night but I'm sure there'll be some folks in for the whole weekend.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1oz Dual Layer
    Tarp
    Big Mamajamba
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    I'm really thinking hard about coming too. I don't know what time I will be able to break away on Friday, it depends on what happens tomorrow. I have two field trips to make for work, one is tomorrow and the second requires a UPS delivery to come in tomorrow in order for trip 2 to be Thursday. If the UPS man gets my stuff to me Thursday that puts trip 2 on Friday = that much harder to break away.

I am really anxious to hang again. I have a warm down underquilt from Hammock Gear now and its GREAT.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1oz Dual Layer
    Tarp
    Big Mamajamba
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Everything lined up great today. I'll be out tomorrow to wrap things up. That puts me in the office Friday morning to catch up on a couple things, then I'll head out and join everyone!

It looks like some weather might be moving in over the weekend.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Guide gear
    Insulation
    Phoenix
    Suspension
    line/strap
    I'll be there for Friday night, leaving sat morning. Planning on getting there around 12 or so. Looking forward to seeing everyone!
    "Its not the fall that kills you, its the sudden stop at the end" -D.A.

"Hold on to your butts." -Samuel L. Jackson

• + New Posts
  • Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast